Witness World Response to Apostates

by DevonMcBride 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

I wouldn't be comfortable joining under false pretenses. First of all I am still a very honest person. So I couldn't fake who I was and be believeable. Second, it to me is like crashing a party you weren't invited to. I'd be uncomfortable with that too.

I've seen it on both sides and although I understand why some may want to infiltrate, I see no positive purpose in doing so. But that is just my opinion. Just as I didn't join here way back when to infiltrate and find out who was who and get in close to people. Yes I lurked, but I never joined until I had left the other boards as well as the religion.

To be an apostate one would have had to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses first.

I never understood this one. Where does it say that in the bible?

I don't understand it either.. nor did I when I was an active JW. but my belief in the meaning of apostate has changed since no longer being one. I used to think it was a person who tries to sway/twist/pull/cause doubts for Jehovah's Witnesses only... but that isn't the term in the dictionary.. as other things they have their own rules on the meaning of words and it isn't necessarily what Websters has to say.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

WW has not deleted my account yet? Keep looking admins.... there is an apostate among you. You should really consider listening to "Mother" and shut down your site.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    keep your eye on those who cause divisions

duh ... that would be the dubs me thinks ... ?

ESTEE

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

jonadab

i'm all for yours and anyone else's liberty to go on any website they wish. but do you feel embarrassed by your brothers? action of closing down their site just because some on there (ok they arent JW's) raised some important quetions/issues that ought to be addressed? i presume you come here because you feel that some issues raised here should be addressed.

do you feel that your brothers should discuss the UN issue? if not, why not?

could the banning of apostates or people who raise important issues that question the WTS be likened to the banning of street witnessing or curtailing of JWs activities in some communities around the world? every time something like that happens to the JWs, they dont waste anytime making a huge point about it on JWmedia, saying that its against freedoms and rights etc, but the JWs are very keen to do the same to their own people who they have decided not to associate with any longer, or anyone who questions the WTS.

does that hypocrisy bother you at all? do you feel that JWs respect peoples right to their own freedom of expression and view of truth?

• avishai
    avishai

wow, pd, that's the best post on this thread so far! you rock!

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

LOL!! But it is fun when the stakes are so low Sassy... :-)

Sir Humphry

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

avishai

ah, well my brain does kick into gear every now and then. lol

• undercover
    undercover

Pleasuredome,

Your post reminded me of something I wrote down a while back:

Watchtower March 15, 1986, page 12.

?Do you wisely destroy apostate material??

What is apostate material? Anything negative about the Society?

Let?s turn it around. What about people who are warned by their church to not read Witness literature?

Watchtower June 15, 1962, page 358.

"When Jehovah's witnesses call on the homes of people in the course of their Christian educational work some persons refuse to speak with them, even rudely closing the door in their face, and others decline to read any of their publications because, as they state, their ministers forbid them to read it. Are not these people manifesting the same fear of the truth as those who refused to listen to Paul?"

If people refuse to accept or read the Society?s literature because their minister forbade it, thus fearing truth (or knowledge), then what is it when our religion forbids us from reading opposing viewpoints? Fear of truth or knowledge?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

undercover,

well said my good fellow.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Excellent point undercover.

It just depends on whose ox is getting gored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit