The dubs at "Witness World" are discussing UN involvement!!!!!

by somebodylovesme 150 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Azalo
    Azalo

those two definitely sound like "infiltrators". i used to read jw zone and i dont think i ever saw the mods allow a topic like that get that far. maybe the mods there are 'gasp' apostates too.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

LOL that would be funny! I think I spot 3 possible infiltrators. But I have to leave for class now - damn!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

shelby has been around for a long time. imo she is legit. brucejw is so obvious its getting embarrassing.

• joenobody
    joenobody

If there is an "infiltrator" who is also reading this thread, please cite the very damning articles from 1996 Awake (I think) supporting the UN that basically were posted by the Society as their contribution to supporting the ideals. Then have them explain how the Society complied with their obligations that they presumed to know nothing of. That little piece of work is the to me the most telling piece of evidence that demonstrates that they knew EXACTLY what they were getting into.

By the way, I had the opportunity the last time I went to NYC to talk to a guy sitting next to me on the plane who worked at the UN. I asked him alot about why a religious organization would apply as an NGO. His first and only answer was to "gain recognition and support with assistance from the UN in unfriendly nations." Look at all of the UN sponsored conferences that the Society sat in on trying to get the right to promote the religion in foreign countries. Riding the (Image of) the Wild Beast for certain!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I can't decide whether to laugh or to cry! It makes me sad to see some of these people just explain this all away as if it were no big deal! At the same time, I found myself laughing at the obvious imposters in the thread. Their technique is very interesting.... drop a bombshell, then claim loyalty to the WT, drop another bombshell, claim loyalty to the WT ... It's hilarious! Man! I wish someone who could get access in there could go in and post the criteria for joining the UN, and how the library excuse is so lame because the same information can be gotten from public libraries designated as UN Depositories - without joining as an NGO. A nice little example of the articles they printed and disseminated to the masses would help, too. Anyone out there that can do this?

Here's a thread that puts it all in a nutshell: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/64212/987812/post.ashx#987812

I'm happy to help dig up the articles if someone is willing to post them over there!

:-)

growedup

Edited to add:

Here's the link to the UN DPI/NGO homepage: http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/index.html

It's important to share that NGO's are part of the UN Department of Information. And the purpose of the Department of Information is to disseminate UN propaganda. It only makes sense that the only way an organization can be approved for NGO status is if they agree to also disseminate propaganda. It also makes sense that the DPI wants NGO's who are large and have the capability to disseminate UN information to it's member base, through either the written word (aka: Watchtower and Awake!), or another form of media.

This link gives information on the purpose of DPI and provides a link to a UN NGO application:

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/aboutus.htm

This link provides information on which parts of the UN Campus NGO members are allowed to visit:

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/access.htm

This link lists the "focal points" for NGOs. (The WT cooperated with the UN Secretariat Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, and the UN Secretariat Office of UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Indigenous Populations)

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/listun.htm

This link takes you to a listing of documents NGO's have disseminated to their members in order to retain their NGO status: (The WT is the second listing)

http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm

This is the link to UN Depository Libraries, which lists locations, as well as how to obtain UN material from them:

http://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/deplib/index.html

This is a link to an article in the Guardian which shows that the WT disaffiliated itself from the UN, pre-empting a UN inquiry. It also states, "Those bringing the evidence to light were accused of apostacy."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,574134,00.html

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

Excellent information; very Interesting to see JWs defend themselves so blindly.

I will try to infiltrate that Witness World. My first thread will read something like "My first trip to Bethel, the greatest experience of my life! Let's share our experiences, shall we?"

• Sassy
    Sassy

If I was a mod there I'd be watching it close. I know a different JW board where the owner, would have nipped that in a bud after post one. The thread would never have been allowed to remain.

Shelby has been around a long time. Ironic the woman at the other board used to always tell me she thought she was apostate. I knew she wasn't.. just not as BLIND as some. But she is for real.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    brucejw Posted: Jan 16 2004, 08:23 AM Report Post Edit Post Quote Post
    I might like this

Group: Members
    Member No.: 308
    alt
    QUOTE (Tsunami @ Jan 16 2004, 08:09 AM)
    When option B was revealed to them they rectified the situation.
    Unfortunately that's not quite accurate. It wasn't until this was exposed by the UK Guardian that the Society asked to be removed as an NGO.

And good point about remembering that the society is not infallable. I think some people forget that.
    Mini ProfilePM Top
    endver Posted: Jan 16 2004, 08:27 AM Report Post Quote Post
    I might like this

Member No.: 224
    alt
    Bruce, let's not let this escalate into anything personal. We are all on the same side here! smile.gif
    Mini ProfilePM Top
    Tsunami Posted: Jan 16 2004, 08:28 AM Report Post Quote Post
    alt

I am home

Member No.: 24
    alt
    QUOTE (brucejw @ Jan 16 2004, 02:23 PM)
    QUOTE (Tsunami @ Jan 16 2004, 08:09 AM)
    When option B was revealed to them they rectified the situation.
    Unfortunately that's not quite accurate. It wasn't until this was exposed by the UK Guardian that the Society asked to be removed as an NGO.

And good point about remembering that the society is not infallable. I think some people forget that.
    wink.gif Okiedokie I stand corrected smile.gif.
    Mini ProfilePM Top
    brucejw Posted: Jan 16 2004, 08:35 AM Report Post Edit Post Quote Post
    I might like this

alt
    QUOTE (Polly Pan @ Jan 16 2004, 08:16 AM)
    The society chose to make a judgement call 13 years ago to join an organization.

Satan is watching and most likely having a good chuckle over a decade old problem that's risen it's ugly head again.
    I appreciate your comments, but something that happend 13 years ago is not ancient history. If you were countered with this information at the door, trust me, no one would be satisfied if we just said "but that was sooooo long ago!"
    Mini ProfilePM Top
    brucejw Posted: Jan 16 2004, 08:48 AM Report Post Edit Post Quote Post
    I might like this

alt
    QUOTE (endver @ Jan 16 2004, 08:27 AM)
    Bruce, let's not let this escalate into anything personal. We are all on the same side here! smile.gif
    Oops, didn't realize it was coming across that way. tongue.gif Sorry guys!
    Mini ProfilePM Top
    Polly Pan Posted: Jan 16 2004, 09:03 AM Report Post Quote Post
    alt

I gotta be me

Group: Admin
    Member No.: 228
    alt
    QUOTE (brucejw @ Jan 16 2004, 08:35 AM)
    I appreciate your comments, but something that happend 13 years ago is not ancient history. If you were countered with this information at the door, trust me, no one would be satisfied if we just said "but that was sooooo long ago!"
    If we were countered with anything that discredited the society to this degree I highly doubt anything we say would be satisfactory. As for ancient history.... yes it is by many standards. At the rate that this old system is changing, 13 years is history, especially when it's evident that the situation we're discussing was rectified as soon as possible.

Satan doesn't care if something happened yesterday, 10 years ago, or 50 years ago, for goodness sake we still encounter "Russellites" around here.... ohmy.gif Satan uses whatever tactic works to sidetrack us from the greater message. Ask yourself this.... how long has this man had this letter in his possession? how many other witnessess who've knocked on his door has he shown it too? how many other witnesses have had a seed of doubt planted by this letter? and if you give him an honest truthful answer to the letter, is he going to destroy the letter? none of us can say, but past lessons have proven to me that when someone chooses to discredit the society over and over again, nothing we say will stop them, no amount of damage control will make it better. That's why we leave it in Jehovah's hands and shake the dust from our feet with regard to these ones. We need to put our efforts into finding the sheep that are in our territories.

--------------------
    "Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm."
    Mini ProfilePM Users Website ICQYahooMSNTop
    brucejw Posted: Jan 16 2004, 09:11 AM Report Post Edit Post Quote Post
    I might like this

alt
    Good point Polly.. I don't think there's any point in me going back. If he is simply some apostate trying to spread doubt, then nothing I do will change that.
    We need to put our efforts into finding the sheep that are in our territories.
    Well put!
    Mini ProfilePM Top
    PamelaDO Posted: Jan 16 2004, 09:13 AM Report Post Quote Post
    alt

I love my WW

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 70
    alt
    Let's not read too much into this - unless Endver's letter gives specific reasons, all we need to know is that the society rectified matters. It could very well be it happened as Vince supposed it. It could be that the UK Guardian brought it to their attention or it may have just coincided with that article. In any case, the only reason anyone would bring it up at this point in time is to tear down (I'm not talking about this discussion, I mean when we're in service.) I say, enough said, let's move on.

--------------------
    Pamela
    Mini ProfilePM YahooMSNTop
  • undercover
    undercover
    That's why we leave it in Jehovah's hands and shake the dust from our feet with regard to these ones. We need to put our efforts into finding the sheep that are in our territories.

And just what are you going to tell those "sheep" about the UN and it's position in defiance to God as the Wild Beast?

Here's how the end of that conversation at the door will end:

"Were we an NGO of the UN? Uh, yeah. We were affliated with it for a few years, but we got out. What's that? Uh, no, we knew it was the Wild Beast before we joined. Hypocritical you say? Uh, well, um, do you want to read the Watchtower and Awake today?"

• Gerard
    Gerard
    ...and if you give him an honest truthful answer to the letter, is he going to destroy the [UN] letter?

Just wondering if that "honest truthful" answer is that of the library card that no one needs to do research at the UN?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit