The dubs at "Witness World" are discussing UN involvement!!!!!

by somebodylovesme 150 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Island Boy,

There is a lot of information, both here and at freeminds.org, on this scandal, including links to the original UK Guardian newspaper article. The Society really incriminated itself by withdrawing, as noted, within hours or days of the article coming out.

Just use the search functionality here or at freeminds, or at Google, for that matter. I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.

SNG

• Sassy
    Sassy

Unless you are ready for your 'eyes' to be opened you won't.. I vaguely heard about the UN deal when I was in, but figured if it was true, there must be some reason for it. When you are in the "JW" mentality, you have blinders on even if it is in front of your face..

• shamus
    shamus

WHO CAN READ THAT DRIVEL?

I read 2 comments, and nearly puked. They sound so hopeful and lost at the same time...

Kinda makes me want to go back, LOL!

• yxl1
    yxl1

This is too funny. Was I ever that stupid? I've just tried opening an account on WW, but that part of the site seems to be down. Please keep us updated on the issues discussed there, as it gives us an understanding on how the Dubs react when dealing with apostate truths. That way we can fine-tune our arguments and counter arguments.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Can someone please post to them the direct contacts to the UN Dept. of Public Info:

Lyutha Al-Mughairy

United Nations - Chief Public Liason Service

Dept. of Public Info

Phone: 1(212) 969-1234 Fax: 1(212) 963-4079

Paul Hoeffel
    Chief, NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    Room S-1070L
    United Nations, New York, N.Y. 10017
    Fax (212)963-6914
    Phone (212) 963-8070 or (212) 963-6842

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm lovin' this!! The Society has created themselves a disease that is slowly spreading throughout their membership.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Gerard: It wouldn't make much of a difference. The UN is a satanic organization. They're not above lying about Jehovah's people!!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

More good stuff:

endverPosted: Jan 15 2004, 06:54 PM Report PostQuote Post
    I might like this

Group: Members
    Member No.: 224
    alt
    Bruce,

No problem. These situations can be awkward. I think you should return to that person. Discuss with them your findings. The truth of the situation is what is important - if you don't go back, you are letting things lay as they are. But if you talk with them about your findings, then the truth can come out. truth and Truth. smile.gif

ahh I'm tired.

-E
    Mini ProfilePM Top

SavitaPosted: Jan 16 2004, 03:28 AM Report PostQuote Post
    I might like this

Member No.: 114
    alt
    This topic has been used by apostates along with the coca cola issue to undermind and cause doubts in the organization. Notice what they chose to drag up has nothing to do with scripture or understanding of doctrine, they have to search for reasons to prove the organization is made up of imperfect men who may have made an error in judgment. As individuals with responsibilities to make choices sometimes we may not make the correct choice. Kind of makes me recall Peter and his decision when it came to circumcision. Was he embarrased by his decision when he had to rethink it and make a chance, I am sure he was.
    Did the organization celebrate birthdays and Christmas previously, of course, and you could find articles in print, but once they came to understand the background of these holidays they changed. We are going to have our faith tested by a lot more than a letter as we get deeper into the time of the end.
    Mini ProfilePM Top

shelbyPosted: Jan 16 2004, 04:06 AM Report PostQuote Post
    I am home

Member No.: 198
    alt
    QUOTE (Savita @ Jan 16 2004, 06:28 AM)
    Notice what they chose to drag up has nothing to do with scripture or understanding of doctrine, they have to search for reasons to prove the organization is made up of imperfect men who may have made an error in judgment.
    in all fairness to our brothers and sisters who were/are confused about this issue, (not to mention those who are onlookers) yes this is about doctrine and scripture. for years, the society has identified the u.n. as the "image of the beast" in revelation. to sign the agreement was to form an alliance with the image of the beast, according to the wording of the agreement. did the society's representative sign on the dotted line without reading the agreement...or running it by the legal department?

opposers fabricate enough far-fetched rumors about us, but as it happens they hit the jackpot with this one...and it does/did look bad that this alliance went on for so many years and had to be publicly exposed before it was broken. this is an error in judgment equivalent to one of our brothers or sisters joining the military reserves to avail themselves of the educational benefits.

i would not attempt to explain "why?" i have no satisfactory answers other than there is tangible evidence that it happened. what does it prove other than that "the society" is not infallible. that's something most of us have already accepted long ago...only Jehovah doesn't make mistakes or errors in judgment.

i well remember the discussions this sparked, and i was reluctant to believe it myself. still, occasionally i see folks post that no one but an apostate would ever bring this up. not acceptable behavior. "apostate" has an exact meaning and shouldn't be bandied about and used against our brothers and sisters who find this disturbing and find that the explanation brings up more questions than it answers.
    Mini ProfilePM Top

SavitaPosted: Jan 16 2004, 05:10 AM Report PostQuote Post
    I might like this

Member No.: 114
    alt
    yes this is about doctrine and scripture.
    I disagree! This is not about doctrine and scripture. This is about an individual with the authority to pursue avenues of research and signed up. This is not about the Watchtower Society joining the UN, but about having to accept responsibility for the error in judgement of one of its representatives and doing so.
    Speaking of apostates
    as it happens they hit the jackpot with this one
    Some jackpot! After all their efforts to dig up dirt on the organization and this is their jackpot.
    Did Moses, Peter and many others make error in judgement. Of course they did. this is just another example of apostates using whatever they can find to destroy confidence and faith. And once they have done that, where do they direct individuals? No where! Just back to the mire they were in before they knew the truth.
    As Peter himself replied to Jesus, Where are we to go, you are the one with saying of everlasting life.
    Mini ProfilePM Top

brucejwPosted: Jan 16 2004, 06:39 AM Report PostEdit PostQuote Post
    I might like this

Member No.: 308
    alt
    I disagree! This is not about doctrine and scripture.
    I'm sorry Savita but I have to agree with Shelby on this one. It is about doctrine and scripture. We have a scriptural obligation not to get involved with the UN. Yet that is what happened.

We shouldn't let this damage our faith though. Mistakes have been made in the past too. I am just glad that I'm more aware of what happened so that I know how to explain it to someone at the door (if they ask) instead of just standing there with a dumbfounded look on my face or instantly blurting "It's a lie!"
    Mini ProfilePM Top
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LOL... this is too funny watching them go back and forth. They have no idea how to disagree with each other. They are so used to just following what they are told.

The simple fact that they are disagreeing is obviously disturbing to other JWs too. They are just not used to seeing independent thought... and it scares them.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Poor Savita... she sounds like a robot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit