The dubs at "Witness World" are discussing UN involvement!!!!!

by somebodylovesme 150 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

I am a lurker on the "Witness World" Witnesses-only website. They are having a discussion because someone during door-to-door service confronted them with the UN letter. They are all saying that it is "obviously made up"... but the person is planning on writing to the Society to ask. hmmmm... it just still amazes me that they write it off so easily. It is a debate I will DEFINITELY be watching. Any other lurkers out there?

SLM

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks for the heads up! Gary B. posted the UN letters and the WTS letters to the Branch Offices. I printed them out and mailed them to all the JW's in my address file. I used the PO's return address! Boy did that get a rise out of them!

Please keep us informed! Maverick

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

as they say -watch this space

• avishai
    avishai

Anyone wanna start an acct. over there & post the info.?

• IronGland
    IronGland

I tried--I even answered their question they use for verification,but account was never activated. Since they are so worried about apostates even lurking over there, I wish Simon would create a seperate forum called 'Witness World' and those on this site who do have Witness World accounts could cut and paste all their threads to this site. heh heh

Attn:Witness World Lurkers--Perhaps you could allow us all read only access to your site. If you have the 'Truth' what is there to fear? Perhaps you could dismantle our apostate reasonings. lol

• Gopher
    Gopher

What IronGland said. (What I said here before isn't important. IronGland already did it.)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I used the PO's return address! Boy did that get a rise out of them

LMAO!

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

How does one give read only access? I have no problem copying and pasting what has been said over there. Here it is, or what is there thus far:

brucejwPosted: Jan 15 2004, 07:14 AM Report PostQuote Post
    I'm New

Group: Members
    Member No.: 308
    alt
    A recent thread by roger talks about how a guy at the door accused the WTS of investing in Coca Cola (nothing wrong with that IMO). But the thread reminded me of a recent accusation I heard while going door-to-door.

One guy said the WTS was involved in the United Nations! ohmy.gif I of course said the WTS would never get involved with the scarlot colored wild beast. He then showed me some letter supposedly from the UN which confirmed that the WTS registered with them and by registering they had to agree to support the UN and the UN's charter. ohmy.gif

I was dumbfounded... wasn't sure how to respond to this at all... sad.gif
    Mini ProfilePM Top

JzeroPosted: Jan 15 2004, 08:35 AM Report PostQuote Post
    alt

I love my WW

Member No.: 17
    alt
    QUOTE (brucejw @ Jan 15 2004, 11:14 AM)
    A recent thread by roger talks about how a guy at the door accused the WTS of investing in Coca Cola (nothing wrong with that IMO). But the thread reminded me of a recent accusation I heard while going door-to-door.

One guy said the WTS was involved in the United Nations! ohmy.gif I of course said the WTS would never get involved with the scarlot colored wild beast. He then showed me some letter supposedly from the UN which confirmed that the WTS registered with them and by registering they had to agree to support the UN and the UN's charter. ohmy.gif

I was dumbfounded... wasn't sure how to respond to this at all... sad.gif
    Sounds to me that you are associating with an apostate.

If the person showing you that info calls himself a "brother" he and a copy of his letter needs to be reported to the CO.
    Mini ProfilePM Top

brucejwPosted: Jan 15 2004, 08:42 AM Report PostQuote Post
    I'm New

alt
    I think you misunderstood...it was someone we ran across out in service. I didn't know how to respond so I just said I'd come back later after I researched it. But I am not sure how to go about it...
    Mini ProfilePM Top

PamelaDOPosted: Jan 15 2004, 08:50 AM Report PostQuote Post
    alt

I love my WW

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 70
    alt
    I guess you could do research on it, but if nothing else, I would tell him that we do not support the UN and that if he had doubts as to my knowledge of the matter all he had to do was email both the UN and the Society and compare their responses.

No doubt this is a letter started by some apostate org. and it can easily be found false.

--------------------
    Pamela
    Mini ProfilePM YahooMSNTop

brucejwPosted: Jan 15 2004, 09:03 AM Report PostQuote Post
    I'm New

alt
    Thanks for your reply. I like your idea of writing the Society. He gave me a copy of the UN letter.. I think I should send it to the Society and ask them about it. I've never written the Society before. How long does it take to get a reply? Too bad they don't have an email address for general questions (or do they?)... I could scan it and send it to them and hopefully get a faster response.
    Mini ProfilePM Top

brucejwPosted: Jan 15 2004, 09:19 AM Report PostQuote Post
    I'm New

alt
    actually are there any bethelites here? or someone here that can email a family/friend at bethel? I could send you the scanned UN letter and maybe you could email it. I'm eager for a response so I can get back to this guy.
    Mini ProfilePM Top

Polly PanPosted: Jan 15 2004, 11:41 AM Report PostQuote Post
    alt

I gotta be me

Group: Admin
    Member No.: 228
    alt
    You're best bet would be to contact the society directly. If you go to the official web site of the society, on the right hand side of the screen under the heading "Browse" you'll find "Contact Us". A few simple questions and the society will be in touch with you promptly.

--------------------
    "Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm."
    Mini ProfilePMUsers Website ICQYahooMSNTop

JzeroPosted: Jan 15 2004, 11:44 AM Report PostQuote Post
    alt

I love my WW

Member No.: 17
    alt
    Why would a person be holding onto and passing out incriminating evidence against the Society if they are not an apostate?

You won't find apostates giving talks at the kingdom hall. they have to live somewhere, we do cross paths with them at their homes while in the door to door work.

I advise against making copies and distributing it.

And I advise against anyone giving out names and e-mail addresses of Bethelites, and I advise fighting the curiosity of obtaining a copy for yourselves.

The document could be a fraud.

Perhaps the person distributing the copy to you has done so innocently, however if the document is a fraud then he has been misled and is just serving the purposes of the apostate who created the fraud.

If it turns out to be a fraud then do you want to have shared in distributing such lies?

If it turns out to be a copy of a legitimate registration, then I am confident that the Society and their lawyers have done so with out compromising the integrity of the scriptural requirement to remain neutral.

Whatever the case is I don't need to see it. Unless a copy has been distributed by the normal means (Kingdom Hall and Publications) by the Society themselves.

I don't disagree with writing the Society or asking your elders about it.
    Mini ProfilePM Top

PamelaDOPosted: Jan 15 2004, 12:24 PM Report PostQuote Post
    alt

I love my WW

Group: Moderator
    Member No.: 70
    alt
    When I suggested writing to the society, I meant that you would suggest they should do it. I personally would not get involved in all the time-consuming research of it. I'm sure that's just one more thing apostates want - for Witnesses to waste their time with this junk.

If the letter is supposedly from the UN, just tell the person to ask the UN if it's a fraud - they would know. Why does this person care anyway? I would think that all you'd have to say is "This letter is a fraud". If they question you further, tell them if they don't believe you to contact the UN.

--------------------
    Pamela
    Mini ProfilePM YahooMSNTop

SavitaPosted: Jan 15 2004, 01:43 PM Report PostQuote Post

I might like this

Member No.: 114

alt

This has been a ploy of the apostates for years. Present something to cause a person to doubt or question the organization and consequently undermind a person's faith and confidence. Just file it under "trash." ------------------------------ After this I posted a short and non-revealing post saying that yes, I had a letter from the WTS saying they were an NGO and that it WAS true. I am waiting for replies..... -SLM
  • DevonMcBride
  • somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Is it showing up to everyone else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit