The dubs at "Witness World" are discussing UN involvement!!!!!

by somebodylovesme 150 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    Ahh, I just checked out and beliefnet and found the debate board you mentioned, RedhorseWoman - I see you are a host! :)

Um...yes, yes I am....and it caused quite an uproar for awhile, but they've gotten used to it. For some reason, the JWs seemed to think that a host had to be absolutely neutral--which, if you check around, you'll find is almost impossible for me. Being neutral, however, is not a requirement for a host there, and they actually encourage spirited discussions, so it's pretty interesting. Most of the JWs there seem pretty open-minded and they don't mind discoursing with "apostates." That doesn't mean, however, that getting them to acknowledge a point is any easier than anywhere else. LOL

As is typical, however, the two boards that are reserved for JWs only--the JW and Learn About JWs boards--are pretty quiet. The debate board, however, can get wild at times.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Touchstone is an exception to the rule, in that it is run by JWs but allows open discussion of doctrine. Greektheology is another one.

Ex-JWs are still not allowed membership, however, although I have no clue how they enforce that.

• Azalo
    Azalo

does obed post here? i used to know an obed and i dont think that is that common of a name.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    does obed post here?

He has popped in from time to time. I think that his user name was ObieFernandez. Is this the person you knew?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Obed hasn't posted here in a while, but he used to. His username was obiefernandez. Focus allegedly did, too.

A few of the other witnesses.net admins post here as well.

(D'oh! Posting at the same time, RedhorseWoman.)

• Azalo
    Azalo

could be, i dont really recognize the pic but then i havent seen him in almost 10 years.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Euphemism,

Thank you so much! That's an amazing history... much, much more than I knew about. Crazy. Sounds like quite a few of the former mods are over here now. :) I really appreciate you listing that out. I once lurked on JWZone (back before I even had a connection to dubs, I think.. just out of curiosity!) but that for, maybe, a day. I didn't know what happened after that, until I had a REASON to look up JW stuff (got serious with my inactive dub boyfriend who is now my husband)... found this site, and from here, WitnessWorld.

SLM

• researcher
    researcher

What witness world site is it that your talking about? please give url

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

www.witnessworld.com -- but you can't get in at all right now. When they reopen "admissions" it will be by referral only, like PLN.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This is a screenshot from their welcome page.

alt

Does it look to anyone else like that smiley has had way too much "upbuilding conversation"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit