a personal question about *gasp* sex!

by missylissy 85 Replies latest social relationships

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was 17 and he was 19, which I think now was too young for me. We have been married 41 years.

15 is just way too young, by almost anyone's standards I think. I hope you wait, but if you've decided to have sex, no one can stop you. Having sex changes you emotionally, and you can never go back. You won't have the chance to find out who you might have become otherwise.

Smyler & Missy - Go for it! Have fun :)
    Nos...............that comment was totally irresponsible. I'll bet you are not a parent. Would you say that to your own 15 year old children?
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mulan... go ahead... give him a spanking! You know you want to!

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I was 15, way too young. I cringe now to think that I could have gotten pregnant and how that would have messed up my life.

My daughter is 14 now and she came home the other day and told me she had a new boyfriend... a Senior in high school! I said, "no you don't." Seriously, I don't mean to stereotype teenaged guys, but when an Senior guy shows interest in my pretty little Freshman daughter, I have to think of the old "he's after one thing" adage. (Geez, I've always been pretty liberal and now I'm thinking like June Cleaver!) It's so hard when you have a child and you try to keep them from making the same mistakes you made. I'm just like a lot of others here on this board - - we KNOW what a big mistake it can be and how much it changes your life.

Now to add a little bit of humor to this serious thread... This is a negative consequence that many teenaged girls don't think about... Once you start "doing it" you can expect a lot less romance from your boyfriend. If your guy has his choice, those evenings you used to spend at the movies or skating or hanging out with friends will now be spent in the cramped back seat of a car.

• shera
    shera

No hard feeling Nos,but having too much fun can have it consequences.

Unwanted pregancy is one.....there is no 15 yr old alive today that is ready to have a baby.

Condoms and even birthcontrol are not 100%.

Missy and Smyler are the both of you ready for what sex can bring you?I believe the love is real,but are you ready to be parents?

• Sirona
    Sirona

I was 20 when I finally had intercourse. Between ages 18-20 I did everything except actual intercourse.... LOL

Sirona

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I was a good dub, and didn't have sex until I was DF ... so ... ugh, too embarresed to admit the age of that. LOL

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• flower
    flower

I was 23..an old maid by todays standards but I'm glad I waited!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Missy,

I hope you wait til you are older. Being in high school is hard.......boys, hormones, peer pressure, dating, etc.....oh gosh I am glad I am not in high school today with all the other added problems of gangs and drugs.

At 15, I personally don't think you are emotionally mature to handle the emotions involved nor the consequences. Such intimate relationships really do require a level of maturity and responsiblity. Guys in their teens have no intenion of sticking around for the long haul and you are not ready to settle down now either. Hopefully, you date lots of guys before you settle on one man. My dad did not let us have a 'steady' boyfriend until I was about 17 or 18 for fear I'd get involved sexually and just not know what kind of guy I really liked.

What I mean is: if you only try strawberry ice cream, you might never know if you like vanilla. So, become friends with the jocks, the nerds, the good-looking and the so-so's. Become friends with the debate team guys and the guys from the all-boys catholic school. My dad's rule about us going to dances (most dances, not talking proms, were 'stag' dances, you go with your friends) was that whoever asked us to dance first was who we danced with unless we were tired. So, if a shy guy asked, I danced, fat guy, I danced, different race, I danced, handsome quarterback, I danced. It really made me become friends with all the guys at high school and I got to be known as a nice girl who was friends with everyone. Although pretty, I never got the 'stuck up' label because I did dance and talk with EVERYONE.

Get to know yourself, get to know others, don't pressure yourself and don't let others pressure you!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Nos...............that comment was totally irresponsible. I'll bet you are not a parent. Would you say that to your own 15 year old children?

You're correct, I'm not a parent. Honestly, I could see myself saying that to my children when they're 15 (in my opinion, 14 is still too young), but I would stress the need for protection and birth control. They don't need to f*** up their life in their teen years. For the longest time I used 2 methods of birth control and I would suggest any teen who still wants to have fun in their youth do the same.

I'm a firm believer in dating and sexual experience being an asset to one's life. Also, it sounds as if these two actually do care about each other. They may not last forever, but if they're serious about each other (at least right now), I doubt they'd regret it afterwards. I've always viewed sex as a way to show someone you care deeply about them.

I knew all hell would break loose with my earlier comment.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I was 19 and it was with somebody I was in love with at the time. We're not together anymore. I have no regrets though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit