No meetings memorial week

by Saltheart Foamfollower 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

The August monthly announcements letter, among other things, says that if a memorial is midweek, there is to be no midweek meeting and if at a weekend, then no weekend meeting. Previously it was only no other meeting on the same day. Is this because so many congregations now share halls that scheduling it has become almost impossible?

SF

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This is one thing which merits a ''commendation'' of sorts. I mean good grief. How much of a work load can the Borg put on the Elders and their workers and other people, just the workload in general, with this new practise, I'd feel instant relief. I'm not a 'fan' of a lot of the elders, but this has a lot of good 'merit'. I'd be relieved if I was an Eldub, MS or someone having to travel 50 miles or something.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I think that all the meetings should be canceled in the 6 months before the memorial to give enough time to contemplate the meaning of the important occasion.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I agree moly. And we need 6 months off after to decompress

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think all meetings should be canceled in the 6 months before the memorial to give enough time to contemplate the meaning of the important occasion.

I wholeheartedly agree. Plus I think all the meetings should be canceled for six months after the memorial to give everyone time to recoup.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It could be because of so many congregations using the hall. But I will suggest that Watchtower has been seeing a dip in contributions sent in from the congregations and will try to make the Memorial seem more "special" somehow, and hope that the cancelling of meetings makes everyone feel they should give more.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    It could be because of so many congregations using the hall. But I will suggest that Watchtower has been seeing a dip in contributions sent in from the congregations and will try to make the Memorial seem more "special" somehow, and hope that the cancelling of meetings makes everyone feel they should give more.

Otwo, are you hitting the sauce tonight? Normally your a levelheaded guy. Do you honestly see any logic or thought in your suggestion? Really...? Cancelling one meeting the week of the memorial would somehow inspire people to give more at the memorial? Thats so silly its beyond dissecting.

Of COURSE its because with kh consolidations schedules are too tight.
    Of course it is. Yes. That is the clear obvious rational answer. Its not freemasons. Its not aliens. Its not some weird donation increasing scam. Its simple math. More people, fewer halls.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

How about itโ€™s a cult an nothing they do will ever make sense lol

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Cancelling one meeting the week of the memorial would somehow inspire people to give more at the memorial? Thats so silly its beyond dissecting.

For once I have to disagree with OTWO and agree with Morph! Its definitely about tight pants I mean schedules ๐Ÿ˜€

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Decreasing the 'workload' on the rank and file seems to be the organizational trend.

- Less hours to be a Regular Pioneer.

- Just 30 hrs (I think) to Auxiliary Pioneer in the Spring months.

- Only 2 days per week to attend meetings since the Home Book Study was dropped.

- Less days of Circuit Assemblies - just one day each now.

The driving time/miles is a real issue for some with the consolidations now, so maybe the organization is easing up a little to compensate. After all, the fewer meetings you attend that week the more likely you are to make the Memorial. Maybe they are even after a new 'peak' in attendance - or it's just to keep the attendance numbers from dropping (I'm not up on that - Have Memorial attendance numbers been holding steady?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit