Islam is a religion of peace (2)

by Coded Logic 80 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I have friends in the gay community that are from Pakistan and Syria. Both have been here for just over a year and both of them have had no trouble integrating into Western Society or even gay culture.

However, I do have friends that are practicing Christians, Hindus, and Jews and all them have difficulty reconciling their religion with their lives. It's not an ethnic problem. It's a religious one.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    I have friends in the gay community that are from Pakistan and Syria. Both have been here for just over a year and both of them have had no trouble integrating into Western Society or even gay culture.

thats good news

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    However, I do have friends that are practicing Christians, Hindus, and Jews and all them have difficulty reconciling their religion with their lives. It's not an ethnic problem. It's a religious one

religion and ethnicity are not so easy to disentangle particularly if we see religion as about belief. I see religion as habits and ethnicity as habits too

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, let me get this straight.

Ruby is quoting Klauda by saying that Oscar Wilde went on trips to laissez-faire Algeria in the 19th century.

Momin Rahman witters on about a "triangulated process of homocolonialism that uses queer politics".

Meanwhile back in the real world, gay people in Muslim countries are killed for being gay. In a non-Muslim country, gay people are killed by a Muslim, again for being gay.

Deary me ...

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

meanwhile back in the real world racism is being used as a political tool in a so called first world free country (the US)

a labour MP is killed because of racist ideals in the twisted mind of a loner

another twisted loner caught between self hatred, homophobia and islamophobia and bombings in Syria guns downs 49 innocent people

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

meanwhile back in the real world racism is being used as a political tool in a so called first world free country (the US) - example?

a labour MP is killed because of racist ideals in the twisted mind of a loner - this is correct, although somewhat off-topic, I think.

I hope that man and any others like him are properly punished.

another twisted loner caught between self hatred, homophobia and islamophobia guns downs 49 innocent people - another 'lone wolf', eh?

Like the lone wolves that shot concert-goers in Paris. Like the lone wolf who killed people in a Jewish deli in France. Like the lone wolf who killed Jewish schoolchildren and their parents in Toulose. Like the lone wolf who committed the atrocity in Belgium. Like the two lone wolves that killed Gunner Rigby. Like the lone wolf who shot tourists on a tunisian beach. Like the 4 lone wolves who blew themselves up on British transport ...

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

luvunithateexams

- off topic really?- not when you factor in social media - others agree

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/17/hate-killings-toxic-political-discourse-jo-cox-orlando-shooting

Cox’s death is tragic and terrible. It’s also a reminder that Trump’s response of hate-filled political scapegoating and stoking of fear – enabled by a toxic political rhetoric and spread by social media and the web – is more than exactly the wrong response: it’s at the heart of the violence.
  • WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

Islamophobia - The term carted out to silence any discussion about the problems of Islam by those that cannot justify their political or religious position using the types of arguments commonly employed when discussing other aspects of our cultural identity.

It is like the term "racist" which has become so overused by people trying to tarnish their opponent instead of dealing with the arguments made against them. It has come to the point where that term is becoming meaningless due to its (incorrect) overuse.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

luvuni

Jihadis can act as lone wolves and as a group in cells - once again social media and technology are implicated. It is useless to conflate all Islam and Jihadi wolves. there are over 1 and a half billion muslims in the world and even if you say that Islam itself is not a religion of peace and that it is a religion of bigotry and violence then you need to ask why has this not influenced those millions to do the same.

What are people like Momin Rahman, linked on previous page and below, saying something entirely different?

http://www.trentu.ca/newsevents/newsDetail.php?newsId=15181

More broadly, Prof. Rahman’s research challenges the political use of LGBT rights as a credential of western societies' progress and superiority. “It is quite strange to see LGBT rights becoming so widely used by western politicians who have, until very recently, been overwhelmingly against the progress of LGBT citizenship,” said Prof. Rahman. “We in the LGBT community in particular must be aware of this new development, and challenge the use of LGBT rights in racist and Islamophobic politics.”
  • WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

Ruby456 -

What branch of Islam does not call for death for apostates, homosexuals, adulterers or does not call for the subjugation of Christians or Jews under the Dhimmi doctrine or the death or conversion of everyone else ... etc?

It's doesn't matter what a Muslim does, it matters what he or she is identifying with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit