Has Cart preaching over taken door to door?

by blownaway 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Door to door work one month ago here in southern California and also street work. The door to door work and the street work (street work most morning) done mostly by the Hispanic JW's...

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

They came by yesterday while I was running an errand of course.. left me an invite to the 'Soyez Courageux' 2018 Assemblée des Témoins de Jéhovah in Québec City of all places. Like I live in the Laurentians north of St-Jérome bro.. wtf that's 350 km ( 4 hours ) from my place. Meanwhile am pretty sure they had their own assembly at the Montreal assembly hall.

Busy work to get rid of old stock and tracts is all it is, I've seen it before with outdated memorial tracts : pathetic and selfish just looking out for themselves

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You sure don't see the Dubs anymore pedalling the WT going door to door. You just see them more and more loitering about in parks and shopping mall entrances standing around with those "apathy" carts. Then you get people like Stewart trying to reason with them.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I met today with Violet and Anton, a German speaking elder. We discussed interpretation; proper vs improper; exegesis vs eisegesis. I gave them an example of interpretive abuse. Then I asked if it was possible that every doctrine which is original to Jehovah's Witnesses is established by interpretive abuse.

They denied so I asked questions like

Is it written or beyond what is written to say:

1. that the first trumpet in Rev.8 sounded when Rutherford gave a talk in Cedar Point Ohio in 1922?

2. that Jesus appointed the Faithful and Wise Servant in Brooklyn New York in 1919?

3. that the Creator has promised to bring about a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away?

4. that the Great Crowd of Revelation 7 was forming in 1935?

5. that the apostles went to heaven in the spring of 1918?

6. that Jesus rejected all churches of Christendom in the fall of 1918?

They kept on trying to change the subject; but I brought them back again and again

It was glorious...but I don't think they will be back.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Vanderhoven7...Do you live in the Dollard / Pierresfond area? If so I know elder Anton. Mid to late sixties, tall and slim with a happy demeanor.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The gentleman I spoke with is from the Pierrefonds congregation. Yes, lovely man.

Was that your congregation?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

would be interesting if you somehow found a way to record this without them knowing. Would like to see or hear.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

You the Man Vanderhoven7 !! Great post loving it. Hello from the Laurentians, we know some people.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I wanted to record Redv...but it just would be audio and they had no answers anyway. All Anton could muster up repeatedly was ..."Well these things like 1919 are just understandings...the disciples had understandings also". Yes I would answer but "without 1919 the men in NY would have no authority or mandate to create doctrine and enforce unity etc. And The Awake mag from the 60s to September 1995 made God a liar. He made no such promise to those who saw the events of 1914. If the average age at the 1935 Washington "great crowd" convention was 30, how many of them will be alive to survive the great tribulation? They would be over 110 years old today.

This went on from 9:30 - 11:30; they were deer in a headlight; but very gracious under fire. I am secretly hoping that Anton will call back himself and let his hair down so-to-speak without the presence of another JW. I should have given him my card.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Vanderhoven7...He, and his lovely wife who passed away a few years ago, came to my old congregation in Montreal to learn French and my family became friends with them. Then they moved to La Pocatière where the need was great. For a time he was in my brother's congregation when he moved back and that's how I get news about him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit