Has Cart preaching over taken door to door?

by blownaway 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well NVR, seems more and more that it is a small world after-all.

BTW, For those interested in the methodology that I used today, you can check out my short videos

Interpretive Abuse I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vW08KvFPhw

Interpretive Abuse II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Ri-3-3qYs

These videos were made a while ago. I would not use the word "interpolation" today. I would use the terms exegesis vs eisegesis; exegesis meaning leading from the text, eisegesis meaning leading into (impregnating the text).

• Scully
    Scully

From what I heard recently, the ones doing Cart Witnessing™ love it. The instructions are that they only speak to people who approach them. They go to a busy area (like the bus park & ride area) but are careful to stay off private property, and put in their 2 hours from 7 am to 9 am, and have the rest of the day to do what they want.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Scully...

'Course they love it.

Compared to door-to-door, it's super easy.

Quite the incentive for loyalists to remain active.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

Cart Witnessing™

Last weekend I was in Nijmwegen, Netherlands, a wonderful medieval small town near the German border. They had a summer festival and JWs were crawling the place. In one street I counted 6 (SIX!) carts mostly with dutch literature, but there was one cart with german and english literature.

Door 2 Door

I have been living here in this street (in Düsseldorf, Germany) for more than twenty years now, and I've never been bothered by the Borg. But that's due to my being df'd for more than 40 years, and them knowing my address.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Yes, I believe it is replacing door-to-door work. In my area, I know of many "pioneers" that make their time by just standing next to a cart. It is very common to see them on the corners of the highway intersections, where there is ZERO foot traffic. They stand there, talking to each other, drinking coffee, next to the cart. The cart is so far away, there is no way anyone driving can make out what it says. By the time you see it, its just a blur. Even for those of us who know what it is, its still just a blur. I drive by them almost every morning. But they sure do make their regular pioneer hours!

The other day I saw a couple with a cart next to a 4 lane (2 each way) highway, not even at an intersection, but off to the side on a rarely used sidewalk, facing the traffic lanes. Cars going by at 50 mph. "facepalm/eyeroll".

Oh, and at the small regional airport, saw a couple of older gentlemen next to a cart in the baggage claim area.... at 1:00 in the morning.....cause that has to be effective....

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the two ladies I speak with once every couple of weeks who operate the carts in my town also have a cart situated at the train station where the commuter trains disembark and I see them but when they are there at these times its busy with the passengers trying to head away ASAP, they stand there like they are handing out information that could be the answer to the ageing process or other such answers to our ills, or the winning lottery numbers, they almost shove the rags in peoples faces, naturally no one takes a blind bit of notice to the rags, FF a few yards up the road and earlier in the day. and if I see the ladies in a more suitable setting I'll stop have a relaxed chat etc, I commented that I often see them at the exits of the train station but as its busy I dont stop to chat as I understand its a busy time of day for you, last week one of the ladies replied " oh we really shift a lot of our magazines with those commuters getting off of their trains, only yesterday we shifted 60 of the rags in the space of a few minuets" I wonder why she would lie to me, there is not a chance in a million years they'd shift that amount especially in a boring dull commuter town like where I live and a part of London where KH's are being sold congs merged or disbanded etc, I present myself as a once interested person who's uncle was a jw and studied with me, if only she really knew what I know.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I have no doubt that the D2D work must be close to being finished in the area I live and many of the surrounding suburbs, you simply dont see them anymore, and I'm more than qualified to be looking out for them, unless you have been invited or are awaiting a parcel Londoners dont answer their doors to jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit