Who shoots 223 AR15s?

by rockemsockem 49 Replies latest social physical

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Listen to this while deer hunting. I promise you'll get one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIAmCe4cBl0

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

.233 for deer? Wow! Yes, it CAN kill a deer if it is close but isn't a great choice and can cause much suffering for the animal. Try the .270 which is simply a .30-06 case with a tighter neck to accommodate a smaller bullet diameter. Swift, humane and very accurate.

• Doofgrandaddy
    Doofgrandaddy

"The 3 round burst was adopbed due to the fact that when using full auto unless shooting into a crowd where people or what ever is shoulder to shoulder you miss way more than you hit."

The words so easy to write. Yes sitting behind a computer screen it's easy to talk of the killing power of military weapons. Also shooting at animals (I kill a lot of my own meat so no issue with hunting for food) or just at a range.

I would guess by the comments that I am the only person here who has had a military weapon used on them. The wrong time the wrong place with an old school M16 pointed at my forehead. I was taught as a little kid how to operate and be safe with a rifle as my father was exWW2 but only when caught in the heat of battle do you truly understand powerlessness and fear. It makes me wonder about the above words.....

• newsheep
    newsheep

Simon, people have been kicked off of here for a lot less. Why are you enjoying this???!!! Torturing animals was not what we signed up for. This site is to help jw's get out and yet if most were to see this they would think the org is right about us. If your not into torture then please delete this idiot or be a hypocrite. You say you don't like this yet your allowing it.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, people have been kicked off of here for a lot less.

No, they haven't.

Why are you enjoying this???!!!

Did you even bother to read my comments? You have absolutely no basis to suggest I am "enjoying this".

Torturing animals was not what we signed up for.

It's not mandatory for you to do it.

This site is to help jw's get out and yet if most were to see this they would think the org is right about us.

I doubt it, anyone reading will see many more people calling out this behavior as bad, irresponsible and cruel.

If your not into torture then please delete this idiot or be a hypocrite. You say you don't like this yet your allowing it.

*You're*

Well, I don't like to rush to delete people because then people like you start claiming that it happens for trivial things. You probably mean to encourage me to delete someone when you say "people have been deleted for less" but actually, you suggest that people have been and should be deleted the moment they post something I shouldn't like. That's not how reasonable and restrained moderation works. Sometimes, restrictions are applied that you don't know about, as a half way measure. Sometimes people need to be given a chance to show their true selves so there's no doubt and people can't claim that they were "deleted for less".

Finally, you are not a moderator and have no business posing publicly calling for someone to be deleted, suggesting I agree with and support someone else's comments simply because I haven't deleted them (despite my comments clearly calling them out) and suggesting that I'm somehow delete-trigger happy.

The only person responsible for any comments on this site is the person that posts them. You'll know when you see a comment that I make because it will have my name next to it. Until then, don't assume my position or try to put words into my mouth that I haven't said, especially when I've already stated the exact opposite. It's lazy and dishonest to do so and people have been deleted for less :D

• newsheep
    newsheep

How many times does one have to "prove" themselves, Simon? Even you said yourself some of his past posts have mentioned being cruel to animals and called him an idiot yet you let it go on. Here in Canada we take our guns just as serious as torturing animals as well as humans.

You have made it quite known it's your site and your rules so no argument there. But it is opened to the public so tread lightly when throwing a tantrum and calling people names.

As the old saying goes: Be careful when arguing with a fool that you don't become the fool". On that note have a nice day, Simon:).

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

First rule of gun club, nobody talks about gun club

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping
    newsheep said
    Simon, people have been kicked off of here for a lot less. Why are you enjoying this???!!! Torturing animals was not what we signed up for.

REAlly, you actually believe Simon ran to the kitchen and made some popcorn, poured himself a beer and ran back to revel in the torturing of animals??

This is the web, don't you understand how it works? When someone posts some topic, it’s common for someone to write bits and pieces of whatever they are talking about and leave out important details. The poster made this comment.

The AR15 in 223 is not acceptable to hung Deer sized game. I shot a 3 point buck at 25 feet and hit it all 5 times. It ran off and the only way I found it was by hearing the Coyotes at night fighting over the caucus. We called it the chasem gun.

Later on he went to explain that he gave up using the 223 for that reason, (that is because the gun doesn’t kill the Deer instantly.) He also went on to explain what happened after he shot the deer and it didn’t die.

Here is what he said;

We followed the fighting Coyotes at dusk and found the deer. By the time we found it they had literally stripped the meat from the bones leaving only tendons and the brain. I still drug it back and hung it on the buck pole. I also gave up on the 223 for hunting deer sized game. One of the guys said he tried this cal. for hunting and called it the chase em gun. Unless you get a head shot you most likely are going to chaseem.

So it’s not like he shot it and didn’t give a hoot what happened to the deer. He went after it. Did you even read he’s further explanation?

Do you even understand the definition of the word ”Torture” ??

Here is how the dictionary defines Torture;

The action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or to force them to do or say something, or for the pleasure of the person inflicting the pain.

You make it seem like the poster captured the deer, tied it up alive and took it back to a secluded cabin and started ripping it’s nails one by one while awake, then cutting its limbs off one by one also while awake and alert. Then deprive it of water and food for days and days until it finally took its last breath.

“That’s Torture” Deliberately causing suffering”

The only thing the poster was guilty of from what I can see thus far, was being ignorant of what gun to use to kill a deer, and perhaps not being a good shot. But as he mentioned, he corrected that immediately.

Here in Canada we take our guns just as serious

So you think no one else in the whole world takes the possession of guns seriously??

• newsheep
    newsheep

You just answered your own question. Just think of the very last question you asked and then reread what you wrote just above it. There is no excuse to be ignorant on what gun to use to kill a deer. Absolutely none unless you weren't taught and thought just owning a gun would automatically come with instructions. In that case your a fool!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

2nd rule of gun club, don’t talk about gun club

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit