Who shoots 223 AR15s?

by rockemsockem 49 Replies latest social physical

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

I have a few and built two 80% lowers. Just got a LaRue Two stage trigger. I can get 2MOA out of it at 100 yards with a Nikon 223 scope.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

you thinking of visiting your local K-H ?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I wonder what you might be hunting and/or protecting yourself from and if the most guns and the most powerful guns can help if the force is overwhelming?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Small ɖɨƈӄ by any chance?
  • rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Nicolaou Why are you looking for some? Blondie I have no idea WTF your are trying to say. The AR15 has a lot of uses. I don't hunt anymore. But shooting an AR is very enjoyable. Its not too expensive if you load your own ammo. I know most who are against the AR or AK would not know one from a 16oz hammer. The 223 round is used in many rifles and some pistols. The Ruger Mini-14 is a 223 semi auto but because it has a wood standard non pistol grip stock idiots will say its not an "assault rifle" Which is not what the AR is anyway. An assault rifle is a medium cartridge, not a battle rifle nor a pistol ctg, with selective fire capability. An AR15 is just a semi auto rifle. Works no different than a Remington 7400 or a Ruger 1022. It is just the ignorant fools who listen to the BS of the Media and think they know what they are talking about. The 80% receivers are very fun to build. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9zio3k3eVk

• blondie
    blondie

Well, rockemsockem it was not clear to me what you used them for. I am glad you have cleared it up. I grew up in a gun-owning family and hunted and practiced shooting to keep my skills up. But my father did not use his guns otherwise unless it was to hunt. He told us never to point a gun at anything and kill it unless we planned to eat it. Of course, he did not mean we could not defend ourselves using a gun if our life was seriously threatened. My father was a soldier in WW2, Korea, and Vietnam, a military man for 20 years, so in the context of war, he used guns. I grew up in a military family also at risk of dying if war broke out. Living on a military base makes you target zero.

A gun in the hands of a person not trained in how to use it and without an ethical base to guide them in their targets, is a dangerous person.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I don't but have tried them. Along with SKS and AK The cartridges are not useful for my hunting, but are cheaper. The AR has adjustable stock length, a grip that feels more natural so can be used by people that are not " average" build. People mix up velocity, weight, impact energy not to mention bullet styles. And have no idea about how changing magazines reduces the actual rate of fire from the impossible numbers cited on tv that would require belt fed full machine guns

There is an agenda to take ALL guns in the long picture despite protestations otherwise. Since they cannot do it all at once (Soviet union, Hitler for example) they are instead getting the camels nose under the tent.

If you think you can completely trust the government and its enforcers give up your gun, knife, ball bat. On and on

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

lookout GB--here they come!

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

The AR15 in 223 is not acceptable to hung Deer sized game. I shot a 3 point buck at 25 feet and hit it all 5 times. It ran off and the only way I found it was by hearing the Coyotes at night fighting over the caucus. We called it the chasem gun. I got locked onto the 3006. Not as sexy as the belted mags or other more cool calibers but I can tell you that every deer I shot with it they dropped where they were shot. The 7.62x39 would be OK i guess but still not enough knock down power for me. But I also shoot at the DCMP and the AR is much more enjoyable to shoot than the Garand. 35 rounds of 3006 is a shoulder bruiser. I once was at a gun range in a state park no one was around and I have sold a Mauser, I had 400 rds of 8mm Mauser to burn up. I shot down a 20 inch pine tree. Crap my Shoulder was tender for a week. I can shoot 223 all day long and nothing aches the next day. The other thing about the AR that makes it better IMO than the AK is its so modular. You can customize it to fit your style.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

I am not for gun control and although a law abiding citizen who builds an 80% AR or the Poly80 Glock 19 copy. I have built both and its a bit unnerving how easy it would be for a criminal to get one since the gun frame which is part of any gun the ATF or gov. calls a gun the rest are just parts is not a gun till you finish it. It can be shipped to your door no questions asked. I built my Poly 80 in 30 min. and bought the upper from a Glock Gen 4 19 on ebay for 300 bucks. I was all in at about 415 and not one bit of paper trail. Unless I put a serial no on it I can not sell the frame. Not sure what can be done to make it harder for criminals and I know if they want something they will get a stolen one. I know that there have been cases of people making small factories buiding 80%ers for the criminal element. I guess the retards who are criminals can not work a router or drill. https://www.full30.com/watch/MDEzNDM1/polymer-80-glock-19-build

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit