DEMONS! Experiences With Demons While IN "The Truth?

by Hunyadi 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Hello All.

I am compiling information about JW's and former JW's who seemed to either have an extra sensativity toward demons, or who had outright experiences with them. These experiences may include ambiguous contact as well, ie, "I'm not sure what the hell it was, but it was weird."

What did you do during the experience to resist or make the demon(s) go away?

What was the result of your action?

Did the "demonic visitations" decrease or cease altogether after have left the org, or decrease or cease once you made you mind up that the org was bullony?

Had you had any experiences with demons before you came into the organization?

Any and all contributions are welcome.

Best Regards,

Hunyadi

• freedom96
    freedom96

I grew up in a house that had a ghost. My family and I saw it more times than we can count. Never considered it a demon, but it sure was not of this world.

It does amuse me, when I run into people, witness or not, who are so convinced that these things don't exist.

Well, I saw it. It does exist.

• Gadget
    Gadget

My dad was training to be a spirit medium when he started studying with the wittnesses, and there was a lot of very strange things happening in my house as I grew up that I can't explain. Since then not much has happened, but I have seen a number of ghosts at work when I've been on night shift. Things at work don't normally don't phase me, but I've never been as scared in my life as when I saw some of the things there.

• freelife
    freelife

I don't know what it was but while i was getting out of the org. I was at work in a basement. The me and theguy that was working with kept having these strange feelings like we were being watched and when we would go by the basement stairs the light would shut off. There was no motoin sensor or anything like that and there was nobody messing with us. We were both very freaked out and got that job done very fast.

• wednesday
    wednesday

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/36470/1.ashx

hi Hundayi, this was the first thread i ever started, back in probably sept, oct 2002. U may be interested in the responses i got. We have a group here that definitely BELIEVE in this stuff, and others who will not accept any proof that this may exist.

I will say, that i have less problems now, but one reason may be , i do not consult psychics anymore( well hey, i did just order sylvia browne's new book) .

I still have very distressing dreams and many times at night something is often whispering in my ear(not my hubby).I can rack most of it up to sleep paralysis, but still there are a few things that seem odd(like the wispering in my ear).

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hi Wednesday: I've had that whispering thing too.....I believe it is also a part of the sleep paralysis thing. You're subconscious mind is still in dream state yet you are conscious. It's definately a very freaky thing!

I used to be afraid of the boogie man as a 'dub - of course they use the "demons" as a scare tactic to keep you in. Don't go outside the borg or you may get caught by the demons!

I have had one very weird experience - at my brother's murder scene. It would take too long to explain.....but it was definately freaky. It caused me to do some real research in the bible about these things and I'm glad I did - because now I'm not afraid anymore. After reading about them in the bible I realize they have no power over Jesus - and since I have accepted Jesus into my life, they have now power over me!

Just one more thing I am free from - fear!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

Firstly, I don't think I've had any experiences with a "demon" but I have had experiences with nice and not so nice spirit beings.

What did you do during the experience to resist or make the demon(s) go away?

Once I was JW (age 12ish) and they taught me that spirit beings were "demons", I would pray and pray whenever I could sense that one was near. Incidentally my JW mother and my non-JW sister have the ability to sense things, but mostly they sense atmospheres in houses, etc. and my mum can tell if someone is pregnant before they know themselves. As a JW I did everything I could to "switch off" my ability.

What was the result of your action?

They kept returning. As I was praying I would sense them leave, but then it would happen again. No matter how much I asked Jehovah to stop them coming near, it didn't work.

Did the "demonic visitations" decrease or cease altogether after have left the org, or decrease or cease once you made you mind up that the org was bullony?

Well what did decrease was my fear. What increased was my sensitivity because I no longer prayed with my eyes tightly shut or the covers over my head. The spirit beings I've encountered since have not been demonic.

Had you had any experiences with demons before you came into the organization?

Oh yes. As a child I saw spirits and actually spoke to one once. I saw a few, probably less than 10 and thats just the ones I remember. Since leaving the org I've seen two more spirits - actually seen them with my eyes, not my mind's eye. I've also had other forms of spirit contact and communication. I have spirit guides. None of these entities are demons. On one occasion I had contact with a dark spirit, but that was sorted out and he was sent on his way.

By the way, the talking or whispering in your ears at night is caused by a hypnogogic state that you enter when you are falling asleep. I'm not saying you don't get contact from spirits but I do think that this is caused by your altered state of awareness and usually the voices don't "say" anything. When I've had spirit contact it has most often been undoubtable - I don't wonder "was that a spirit?" because I know it was. Then again, I'm not sure how it is for people who don't work on their psychic ability or meditate etc.

Easily 90% of supernatural reports are not supernatural at all and have a logical explanation, IMO. The rest is where the real wierdness is....LOL

Sirona

• wednesday
    wednesday

Dawan, sirona,

thank u so much for the replies. It is comforting to know it probably is not demons. I have had experiences while i was wide awake, once actually saw a spirit,once my husband and i saw a cloud of black smoke in our bedroom and it just passed through the wall, (we were together and both saw it at same time) and a few other incidents like that. I have had dreams that came true. Mostly, however, i believe my experiences have beent he sleep paralysis thing. Good to know that. Now none of the times i saw anything , none of those times did i feel the spirit was good. Perhaps that is my jw upbringing, but the black smoke thing-that can't be good. And if my hubby and i had not both seen it( and no we were not smoking the funny cigs) i would have discounted that experience too. I believe a person probably needs to be open to this sort of thing too before they might be approached. Personally, all my experiences have been scary andi don't care to have any more.

• heathen
    heathen

Tho never a dub I have experienced some strange phenomena . Definately came face to face with a spirit several times and had feelings of attempts to subvert my ability to think or act or at times there have been people who try to communicate using some sort of sorcery involving a spirit ( they claim to be able to read minds ) or bind people with spells . I stongly believe there is something to it . I'm not into the black arts so not familiar with all the terminology to explain exactly what the phenomena is .

• rem
    rem

As a dub I had many strange experiences - many that I thought were demonic. It scared me as a child. Then I learned about how the brain works and certain conditions such as sleep paralysis and I found that my experiences were completely natural. No more deemonz. Yay!

After 100 years of scientific research there is zero evidence of paranormal activity. Too bad, actually. I think it would be cool if there were spirit beings or whatever.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit