DEMONS! Experiences With Demons While IN "The Truth?

by Hunyadi 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

Heathen

Tho never a dub I have experienced some strange phenomena . Definately came face to face with a spirit several times and had feelings of attempts to subvert my ability to think or act or at times there have been people who try to communicate using some sort of sorcery involving a spirit ( they claim to be able to read minds ) or bind people with spells . I stongly believe there is something to it . I'm not into the black arts so not familiar with all the terminology to explain exactly what the phenomena is .

Black arts? LOL. Sorry, its just ages since I heard that phrase. Please do not label my spiritual practices as "Black arts". BTW, Sorcery is a word that hardly anyone uses nowadays and it has nothing to do with Witchcraft as is practiced by some people today.

Check out www.religioustolerance.org and look up Witchcraft. This might help you get some perspective on the subject.

Sirona

• donkey
    donkey

Superstition is sad

• Sirona
    Sirona

Donkey

Superstition is sad

I don't know if this is aimed at me. Witchcraft is not about superstition. I don't mind walking under ladders and I don't think that something bad is going to happen if a black cat walks a certain path... Similarly "superstition" in my opinion is nothing to do with believing in ghosts or whatever. Superstition is thinking that you're going to get money just because you accidentally drop a knife, or that you have to throw spilled salt over your shoulder. Sirona

• wednesday
    wednesday

Hundyi,

if u think your thread is geting bashed, go back to my original post here on this thread, and follow the link. U would not believe what the board said to me then.

Sirona,

yes as a matter of fact, the black cloud incident was during one othe worst periods of my life. They was much fighting and turmoil in the house. Of course, our take on it then was due to lack of jehovah's spirit, we let the demons in.

We lived in a house once were my mom had seen "men up walking aroud at night". We lived in this same house for about 6 months and almost nightly they would appear to either my hubby or me and "talk" to us. We were very glad to move. Since then , i have only had 2 actual sightings of a spirit, both in daylight. The rest of anything that has happened, has been during sleep and i believe i can chalk it up to sleep paralysis.

As i said not once did these "spirits" feel friendly or helpful. well i take that back.. Once (before we moved into the house that we had so many problmes in) I did see the "spirit" of a deceased friend, and "it" was offering to help me if i would just let it use my body It offered to guide and protect me, and help me.. I was very temped , but then a thought came ot my mind, "u can't be XXXXX, she wasn't of the 144,000 and for her to be here now, she would have to have been" When i said that, poof the spirit went away. Never to return.

weds

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wednesday,

I guess this is common sense but never ever allow a spirit to "use" you for any purpose, especially not to use your body. I've had people tell me that extremely negative entities *could* attempt this but they have to have your permission first. (its never happened to me and I think its a rare occurrance)

I suspect your feeling of badness with them is largely from your JW upbringing and perhaps other factors to do with the places you lived. If you see a spirit or hear communication, ask the spirit if it is from God and say a prayer to God (or Goddess) aswell for protection. They cannot harm you without you allowing it.

Sirona

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I have had some strange experiences, too. Not as many as I would like to, but a few. While I am open to the possibility they may be some sort of entities, I most certainly am *more* open to the possibility of a natural explanation, and always try to look at it objectively and try to find out why/how something may have happened. I do believe that energy takes many forms, and perhaps this is just a manifestation of some type of uncontained energy that science has not been able to explain yet. There are also several theories of parallel universes and such, but I won't go into that right now.

I am a ghost hunter, and don't mind saying so. However, I hunt with a ghost hunters club, and the biggest skeptic on Earth: my husband, who was a physics major in college. He only goes along to keep me out of trouble. He mostly just stands around and scoffs at everything. Heh. Hopefully one day (if I'm lucky) I'll capture something on film or camcorder that will be hard to explain. I *want* to see a ghost, really badly, if they're out there!

However, when I was a Witness I do remember that my Mother started studying with the Witnesses when I was 3. At that time, she started saying that the demons were around the house whistling, telling her she was one of the 144,000, and whispering to her. I never saw manifestations, but don't remember much from 3 years old. I do remember her praying louder and louder. Then, she went to the nut house for a few weeks, and my Father banned the Witnesses from coming to our house again. He was superstitious and believed they were the ones who brought them to our house. I think she was personally very depressed.

When my brother was 21, he died. My mother also saw demons in the house at that time, too. She said there were three of them staring down at her from the foot of her bed. She also said that the music that was coming from her Kingdom Melodies cassette had demonic music on it (heavy metal). So I don't know. I personally think that it was a manifestation of her troubled emotional and mental state in both instances. To lose a child would probably cause me to go off my rocker for awhile, too.

As for myself, I was at Walmart about a year ago. My husband was pushing the cart after me (about 8 feet behind me). We were heading for the refrigerated milk coolers. Right before I got to the door, it opened by itself, stayed open for a few seconds and then closed itself. I jumped back and screamed. My husband was just walking up behind me and I said "Did you *see* that?" He said "What?". I told him what just had happened and he laughed all the way to the check out line! I was excited and scared at the same time.

The next day, I called the manager of the Walmart and told her my story. I asked if anyone else had reported anything (I'm such a snoop). She laughed and said no, but that oftentimes, when someone is in the cooler and they slam the door in the cooler, all the doors "burp" (or bump open and shut). I've worked in a cooler before, and this was definitely not like that. It opened and stayed open for a second or two, then closed slowly. Not just a bump. I felt like a nutbar, and hung up. I know what I saw. My husband saw my physical reaction, that's all. Dang! Wish he would have seen it, too.

CG

• donkey
    donkey
    I don't know if this is aimed at me. Witchcraft is not about superstition. I don't mind walking under ladders and I don't think that something bad is going to happen if a black cat walks a certain path...
    Similarly "superstition" in my opinion is nothing to do with believing in ghosts or whatever. Superstition is thinking that you're going to get money just because you accidentally drop a knife, or that you have to throw spilled salt over your shoulder.

Being afraid to walk under ladders is one form of superstition...

You might not like the definition applied to your BELIEFS but countless references are available to show that religious beliefs are superstition. Witchcraft is no exception. Just because you believe something does not make it not superstition. If my religion is the religion that is afraid of black cats - am I superstitios or is it not superstitious because I claim it as a religion?

Mythology: The sacred mysteries of sombody else's religion.

Superstition: The sacred practices of sombody else's religion.

Cult: A religion I really dislike.

Religion: The one true faith, mine.

• wednesday
    wednesday

btt

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Rem and Drwtsn: I would like to get in on the mutual skeptic hug before it's too late. Keep it up.

• rem
    rem

lol Runningman... Thanks!

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit