DEMONS! Experiences With Demons While IN "The Truth?

by Hunyadi 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi
    Then I learned about how the brain works

Ha ha, Rem, there you go again, thinking you understand how the brain works . . . even scientists and doctors admit they really do not understand how the brain works.

After 100 years of scientific research there is zero evidence of paranormal activity.

A scientist who claims that zero evidence of paranormal activity exists has never experienced or been exposed to paranormal activity.

I'm not sure where you get that imformation from, but there are alot of people with incredible experiences that would argue and staunchly disagree with you. For example, I have a close friend who showed me a video tape he recorded in an apartment he use to live in. The camera had an ultra-sensative night vision mode that shows light streaks zooming and darting across his livingroom, dancing and bouncing in and out of the walls and doors and windows, the (unplugged) television set, and (turned off) wall heater vent. Never saw anything like it before!

In my hometown of San Diego, in Old Town, we have the "Waley House". It is an old house, now a musuem, and is the only structure in all the US that is certified by the government as being truly haunted, because of the undeniable evidence indicating it is inhabited by spirits. Many local celebrities and so-called scientists have attempted to spend the night in the structure to disprove its haunting and have not been able to remain inside for more than a couple of hours because of the manifestation of "spirits" and their obvious resistence to anyone hanging out, as it were. The spirits literally drive out anyone who tries to spend too much time inside . . . so no evidence? Hmm . . . what do you want or need as evidence?

H

• logansrun
    logansrun
    Ha ha, Rem, there you go again, thinking you understand how the brain works . . . even scientists and doctors admit they really do not understand how the brain works.

No one knows completely how the brain works but we have some very good ideas based on experimentation and observation. They do not support any type of "dualism" or "paranormalism." On the contrary, it appears quite strongly that all thought is a manifestation of neurobiological events. I think you need to read up on how science works and what counts as "evidence" before you chide people who are recapitulating the standard, well-documented scientific view.

Bradley

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Never once in my life have I ever experienced anything that was not of natural origins.

I think the closest thing to a "religious" experience I have ever had was my first bowel movement after hemorrhoid surgery.

• rem
    rem

Hunyadi,

:Ha ha, Rem, there you go again, thinking you understand how the brain works . . . even scientists and doctors admit they really do not understand how the brain works.

Yes, scientists do know much of how the brain works. Most of what I'm talking about is psychology (remembering hits/forgetting misses, perceptual illusions, etc.) Thousands of experiments verify that people many times mis-remember events and even create memories that never happened. Sleep paralysis is a case in point - many people confuse such phenomenon with alien abduction or spirits, though it is only a biological phenomenon.

:A scientist who claims that zero evidence of paranormal activity exists has never experienced or been exposed to paranormal activity.

It seems you have confused the word "evidence" with "anecdotes". There are many anecdotes about paranormal phenomenon - but no replicable evidence. Paranormal researchers have been running expiriments for 100 years now. If anyone would love to announce that they have found evidence of the paranormal it would be those scientists. Unfortunately none has been found.

:I'm not sure where you get that imformation from, but there are alot of people with incredible experiences that would argue and staunchly disagree with you.

I don't doubt that. Many people would staunchly disagree with me when I tell them there is no evidence of the Loch Ness monster.

:For example, I have a close friend who showed me a video tape he recorded in an apartment he use to live in. The camera had an ultra-sensative night vision mode that shows light streaks zooming and darting across his livingroom, dancing and bouncing in and out of the walls and doors and windows, the (unplugged) television set, and (turned off) wall heater vent. Never saw anything like it before!

This proves nothing other than the fact that you and your friend are extremely credulous. Video equipment artifacts are not evidence of the paranormal. I've seen people use pictures of "orbs" as evidence. Funny, that these orbs are extremely easy to reproduce in low-light settings with digital cameras. Interestingly, the explanation that they are dust particles amplified by the flash is usually ignored by the believers.

:In my hometown of San Diego, in Old Town, we have the "Waley House". It is an old house, now a musuem, and is the only structure in all the US that is certified by the government as being truly haunted, because of the undeniable evidence indicating it is inhabited by spirits.

If this place were really haunted scientists would be all over it. Unfortunately, it's just a tourist attraction for the credulous. James Randi has $1,000,000 that says it's not haunted. Care to take him up on that offer?

:Many local celebrities and so-called scientists have attempted to spend the night in the structure to disprove its haunting and have not been able to remain inside for more than a couple of hours because of the manifestation of "spirits" and their obvious resistence to anyone hanging out, as it were. The spirits literally drive out anyone who tries to spend too much time inside . . . so no evidence? Hmm . . . what do you want or need as evidence?

Did you get this directly from the marketing brochure? LOL

rem

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

rem, your opinions always seem to mirror mine perfectly. But you articulate yourself much better than I do.

• heathen
    heathen

rem-- I sure would like to know who these scientists are . Most physical theorists are begining to believe in unseen dimentions and such. There have been many testamonies to the phenomena of ghosts and spirits even some including people who see the same thing at the same time . I've said before on this board that I am a hard core skeptic and that seeing is believing so I can understand why you choose to ignore the issue . I can only speak from my own experiences .

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

Sorry, Rem, I do not mean to offend, however, you are clearly what my grandmother, long since passed, use to refer to as "an educated fool". Not convinced as to how educated tho.

Hunyadi

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hey, no name callin

But seriously, this is a very controversial topic. There are a lot of people on here who can help and understand what you need. Me personally I am sitting on the fence.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

So someone who is a skeptic and wants evidence before believing something is a fool? I admit, I have never had a single experience that is at all paranormal. Maybe that's why I don't believe this stuff. But I also don't believe it because no hard evidence exists... only anecdotal "evidence."

Is there a way I can get demons or ghosts to bug me? I want to see if they really exist...

• rem
    rem

Heathen,

I have had what people call "demonic" experiences. I found out what their cause was. Guess what? It's extremely liberating. The deeminz only seem to affect those who believe in them. Ever since researching the topic and actually learning instead of resting on my superstitions all of my "demon" experiences went away. Interesting how that works!

Hunyadi,

Frankly, your opinion doesn't matter much to me. I'm interested in evidence. Believe me - I'd love for there to be a paranormal world. I'd also love for there to be a Santa Claus.

If you are interested about what scientists really think about the paranormal, here are some books you might enjoy:

Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, Terrence Hines
    In Search of the Light, Susan Blackmore
    Why People Believe Weird Things, Michael Shermer
    Demon Haunted World, Carl Sagan

And many more... (Note that Susan Blackmore was a Paranormal researcher and a ghost hunter)

DrWtsn,

Funny, I feel the same way about you! :)

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit