North American Cold Snap: How Cold Is It Where You Are?

by RAYZORBLADE 55 Replies latest social current

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Brrr!

It's cold in Toronto tonight/this a.m. - I believe it went as low as -26C (minus 26 Celsius) .

It was pretty freakin' cold.

How cold is it where you are?

**PS: To add, check out this Canadian on-line weather site:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com

• Celia
    Celia

It was 15 below zero when I walked the dog at 7 am. It hasn't gone much past zero the last couple days here in the Northeast. How I envy Joy on her Florida beach

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lol Celia, don't envy me.

It was down to 32 last night! It rained all yesterday. Cold, damp, cloudy, wounds like the beach! lol

We have our winters, but not as cold as up north.

j2bf

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

It was about zero all night and -2 this morning when I woke up here in Chester, NY.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Funny you should ask... the daily weather email just rolled in at 8:26am... and it is reporting like so...

------------------
    Good morning,
    It will be a chilly weekend! For today expect plenty of clouds and only limited afternoon sunshine. Highs creeping into the upper 50s. Tonight will be cold with lows dipping into the 30s for nearly all of Central Florida. And tomorrow as we wrap up the weekend expect plenty of sunshine and temperatures to warm just a bit. Highs in the lower 60s.
    Meteorologist Joe Smith

Your Forecast Location
    Home/This forecast is for...
    latitude 29.172, longitude -81.036
    Local time 8:31 AM

Saturday, January 10
    Morning (7:00am-Noon) - 50 - 55 degrees - N-NW 10-15 mph
    Temperatures will remain around 52 with today's high of 55 occurring around 6:00am. Skies will be mostly sunny to cloudy with 10 to 15 MPH winds from the north turning from the northwest as the morning progresses.

Afternoon (1:00pm-6:00pm) - 48 - 51 degrees - NW 10-15 mph
    Temperatures will stay near 49. Skies will be sunny with 10 to 15 MPH winds from the northwest.

Evening (7:00pm-Midnight) - 44 - 48 degrees - NW 10-15 mph
    Temperatures will hold steady around 46. Skies will range from clear to mostly clear with 10 to 15 MPH winds from the northwest.

Overnight (1:00am-6:00am) - 39 - 43 degrees - NW 10 mph
    Temperatures will linger at 40 with today's/Sunday's low of 39 occurring around 6:00am. Skies will be clear to mostly clear with 10 MPH winds from the northwest.
    ----------------------

LOL. Hope that answers your question ;-) Have a burrrrrrfect day!
    GRITS

• neverthere
    neverthere

TOO F$*#&$%^ COLD!!

Diana

• Mulan
    Mulan

Joy!! That is awful. It was warmer here yesterday, 55.

We are just going into kind of a warming trend, obviously, since it was 55 yesterday.

But................we had frigid weather for about two weeks, and snow last week, and freezing rain, and terrible airport situations. I didn't have to fly out, but Princess and her kids did on Thursday, but they got out fine and are now in the sun in Phoenix.

It got down to about 10 degrees here for several days.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

minimus -22 for 3 days now

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Cold enough to want to move back to the Virgin Islands!

• JH
    JH

Since the last 3 days, it went down to -18F at night and up to -2F in the day time. At least it's sunny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit