North American Cold Snap: How Cold Is It Where You Are?

by RAYZORBLADE 55 Replies latest social current

• freedom96
    freedom96

Nice mid 70's here in Southern California!

• JH
    JH

Right now it's -4F or -20C

• Special K
    Special K

It was SOOOO COLD here on Thursday.. that they never opened the schools.. and my kids had the day off..

It was reported that on the old bridge that crosses Halifax, Nova Scotia to Dartmouth the peak coldest temperature (because of the wind chill) was -51 celsius....for a brief time.

It was -16 C... which wasn't so bad.. it was just the WIND...

It was -16 the next day.. but there was school.. and alot less wind..

Kind of CRUNCHY when you walk outside.

sincerely

Special K

• aunthill
    aunthill

It's supposed to get to 64 here in sunny Las Vegas, with lows in the low 40's Farenheit (sp?) We have been cold for us - below freezing several nights in a row, with highs in the low 50's, not to mention the snow we had on 12/31.

Aunthill

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

As my mom would say in her colloquial, upstate New York way: "it's colder than a witch's titty!" Here in CT, USA it is now about zero degrees farenheit, supposed to warm slightly tomorrow to about low 20's so that it can snow on us................we haven't seen this weather in awhile...........

Terri

• mouthy
    mouthy

They just said on the radio Ray!!! it is 21 below but with the wind chill factor it is 31....

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Normally I would be right out there, complaining about the cold....but it isn't.

Of all things, we have freezing rain. Minus 5 and it has drizzled all day. It is like a skating rink out there, just treachurous. Yikes!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

This morning, in Northern Virginia, it was five degrees. Two weeks ago the temperature was in the seventies. It's difficult to adjust with such a differential in numbers.

/

• outnfree
    outnfree

If I told you, Ray, the moderators would have to kill me!

Too %^S#@%* cold!!!!

out

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not bad. 18F -8C here in Balmy Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We had the minus 26C temperatures a couple weeks ago. We must have sent it your way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit