What's your favorite JW word or phrase?

by Sara Annie 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mustang
    mustang

" you KNOW it’s the truth!!!! "

Actually, I don't know any such thing. i just keep my mouth shut to keep a low profile.

• mustang
    mustang

Now, I have personally heard this one:

"Go to the meetings: YOU WON’T BE SORRY!!!"

The meetings are BORING.

Field Service is BORING.

There is no real love shown.

Speak up and you get clobbered.

I reply:

"I went to the meetings: I was sorry!!!"

Mustang

• dancnfool_60
    dancnfool_60

we must PRESS ON!!!!!!!!!!!

first it was kingdom misistry, then changed to kingdom servic, went back to kindom ministry..then in that kingdom ministry we were supposed to check up on our back calls, but that got changed to return visits.

then we were told how to do incidental witnesseing,,,,,oooops that got changed too to informal

OHHHHHHHHH I AM SOOOOOOO CONFUSED>>>>>>BUT I MUST PRESS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• abbagail
    abbagail

"Repetition is the Mother of Retention."
    Always thought that had a nice 'ring' to it... it was in the burgandy TMSchool book, if I recall.

And as a little twist on Mustang's, "Go to the meetings: YOU WON?T BE SORRY!!!", the version I always heard was, "No matter how bad you feel, if you go to the meetings ANYWAY, you WILL feel BETTER!" which was basically for the most part true as I would enjoy saying Hi to everybody since I did not have ANY OTHER life to speak of other than the job... except when I would FORCE myself to go to meetings when I was PMS'ing... grrrrrrr... then, oh brother, I just wanted to run outta there screaming, kicking myself for FORCING myself to go knowing damn good and well the LAST thing I wanted or needed to see were other human beings, lol. (but Oh The Guilt if I did not go!) Thank goodness those days are over... the PMS'ing AND the meetings... hahaha.

As for "We must PRESS ON" all I can think of is ironing ironing ironing all those clothes and dresses, lol! What a relief to now flip on the iron once in a blue moon.

btw, dancnfool - great name! Are you a dancer? Dancing was boo-hiss for the most part iin Watchtowerland... It's what got me booted out, though, lol.
    GRITS

• lastcall
    lastcall

"Appreciate" and all of it's forms. I swear there was a talk entitled, "Do we appreciate our appreciation?"

Watchtower study conductor: "Yes we have a comment from sister Busybody..."

Sister Busybody: "We can certainly appreciate the appreciation shown by our appreciative brothers...."

LC

• simplesally
    simplesally

"He/she is of the anointed" (woo hoo)

Other sheep/great crowd.

Last days.

• simplesally
    simplesally

How about

1. Divided household
    2. spiritual parents
  • Banshee
    Banshee

"inapropriate attire" (usually meaning anything stylish and up-to-date)

"independent thinking" (referred to as a negative thing, which means you must become brain dead and passively follow/believe everything handed down from WTS, no matter how patently false or ridiculous)

"honest-hearted ones" (Anyone who blindly accepts and follows WTS teachings, dogma and rules...even when I was an active JW, this phrase really bugged me.)

"exemplary" (Oh, how I came to loathe this word!)

• micheal
    micheal

"The right heart condition" How I hate this one. So basically after looking at all of the evidence if someone does not go to meetings because they believe in their heart of hearts the wts does not have the truth - that person does not have the right heart condition.

Gimme a break.

• Gozz
    Gozz

'System of things' ... talking to some sister about vising someplace faraway, she replied "Oh, we never thought we'll see you again in this system of things". What's that nonsense about?? What happened to stopping at 'again'. I didn't visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit