What's your favorite JW word or phrase?

by Sara Annie 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NoBorg
    NoBorg

"lest we forget, "Spiritual Giant"

"swarms of locusts in the form or Kingdom proclaimers came out of the abysss. They left thier "STINGS" ( quotes NOT added by me ) in the form of millions upon millions of tracts and other "bible based" ( quotes ADDED by me ) publications.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

The "dog has returned to its vomit." Speaking of us, of course. My dad used that one on me, I really thought it was a Christ-like way to refer to another person.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Which reminds me, What does the main governing body meeting room smell like?

Depends.

• codeblue
    codeblue

1. They are so "spiritual".

2. Got your " time" in?

3. I need more "time"...

4. I hope it's a "NOT at HOME."

• Englishman
    Englishman

Loving-kindness.

Great loving-kindness.

Great undeserved loving-kindness.

Bleah!

Englishman.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Well this topic got me thinking and I realized I couldn?t come up with JW-speak anymore!! So I got out an old 1975 Watchtower bound volume. What a blast from the past! Here is some of the language that really gave me the worst flashbacks in the 15 minutes I could force myself to read it?..

?deeply involved?

example:

?Such speculation (about bible prophecy) can lead to one?s becoming deeply involved with matters that actually have little or nothing to do with the building up of faith.??WT july 1, 1975

?that is?

example:

?So God, as he foretold by his prophet Haggai, has ?brought peace in this place,? that is, in the earthly courtyards of his great spiritual temple, where the ?great crowd? the ?desirable things of all the nations,? have gathered.? ----WT July 1, 1975

?everlasting life on earth?

example:

(?..too many quotes to list here?.)

?displayed a similar willingness?

example:

?But have not most churches always displayed a similar willingness to befriend political nations in order to preserve themselves? But how does God view those who befriend the world at the sacrifice of Christian principles??----- WT July 1,1975

?under the direction of the Watch Tower Society?

example:

?In 1924, I quit my job at the pharmacy and entered the full-time service, preaching God?s Word under the direction of the Watch Tower Society. How happy I was!?----- WT July 15, 1975)

?contaminating influence?

(?Some of these persons may be upright, respectable people according to the world?s standards. But close association with them is bad, for the reason that all persons who are not devoted Christians engage in things not pleasing to God and can be a contaminating influence.?------ WT July 15, 1975

I don't know whether to LMAO, , , or !!!

-LisaBOBeesa

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi

"Put it in Jehovah's hands"

"Exemplary"

"Footstep Followers"

"Materialistic"

"New Order"

"Placing Magazines"

"Street Work" (OMG I was a male prostitute?)

• frogit
    frogit

Belligerent: the elders used this word to counsel me on my reaching (not) out, because I was an ?independent thinker? I was ?Belligerent?. Have you ever heard anyone else apart from the Jw?s use that word: Belligerent?

Two more, did you notice? Reaching out, independent thinking ???

frogit

• mustang
    mustang

"Arrangement": toss in "donation arrangement". (BTW, the spell checker wanted me to use arraignment. WTS makes them feel like the same thing.)

Yes, "wait on Jehovah" (variant = "wait on Jehover") is also high on the list.

But, as far as I am concerned, this is one of the best reasons going good excuse to get outta the JW’s. IF (and it’s a BIG IF) there ever was anything to the JW faith, it is the perfect answer. For instance:

Dub-ass zealot father: "You won’t get life".

Son: "Leave me alone".

Dub-ass zealot father: "You have to go to meetings".

Son: "I don’t have to do anything. Leave me alone".

Dub-ass zealot father: "You have to go out in Service".

Son: "I’m waiting on Jehovah."

Dub-ass zealot father: "I didn’t raise you to be this way... er, what??!!!".

Son: "Yeah, I’m waiting on Jehovah to clean out that rats-nest in Brooklyn and the local KH. BTW, they don’t treat you so well, so why are you sticking up for them and pushing this down my throat at the same time."

Dub-ass zealot father: "It’s the truth...".

Son: "The truth is you don’t know what you are talking about. Now leave me alone, while I’m waiting on Jehovah or you will hear from my lawyer."

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

"well, the light keeps getting brighter!!"

Yeah, well the light got so bright that the in Brooklyn burned out!! (But not before I did.)

Oh, and I did a burn-out getting out

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit