Are There Some People Here That You Feel TOTALLY Comfortable With??

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Geez, where do I begin?

As touched upon previously, the apostafests do make a huge difference.

Well, it does make a difference when the people who are on this forum, live in the city or region your reside in. So folks like: iiz2cool, Aztec, Beans, Quotes, 68storms, pathofthorns, VeniceIT, because I have met them, and they're great. No fear, no worries, they're a great bunch of folks.

The Michigan crew are especially 'special' because I've been down to Detroit for a mini-apostafest there, and I met some great folks: Aztec, Pettygrudger, Outnfree, Leddfootdja, Jann, Jourles and also Obiwan (when he came to Toronto). It was all great, and I had an excellent time. The Michigan bunch are top notch!!

Of course, I've met several others at various gatherings: Rosalyn, Fjtoth, neverthere (and hubby), needslots (Vicki Boer) and her hubby, Uzzah, shera, Sloan, Wolfy (and his friend), Mortons68, (most of the Michigan crew again) to name a few.

I've spoken to several folks on the forum, but I have yet to meet them.

CountryGirl and I get along like a house on fire, mind you we haven't met yet, but we will.

Mattnoel, doesn't post on here, but I hear from him still, and he's a great person.

Cruzanheart & Big Tex were the first people on this forum, I ever spoke to, followed up by SheilaM & ThunderRider.

In all cases that I've spoken to someone from this forum, it has been fine, and I have had no problems, nor have I been treated or spoken to inappropriately.

It's a great place, post-JW to make your first connections to the 'outside' world.

• JH
    JH

I met a handful of people on mini apostofest and gatherings. I felt very comfortable with all of them. I wish I could meet others also, but distance is a factor.

• freelife
    freelife

I am a fairly trusting person I will trust most people until i get burned by them. If you burn me payback it a bitch. I now am not afraid to show my identity I don't have anything to hide.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I'm very comfortable with lots of folks here on the board. I do however have to say that I am more comfortable with those I have interacted with in person and over the phone. I was welcomed into Tex and Nina's home. It was an experience unfamiliar to sheila and I. We were likewise welcomed into XenaWarriors home the friends we met in GreenBay and Dallas proved to be just what their online personas reflected.
    Razor and I visit over the phone from time to time and he knows that our door is always open to him. The same goes for all our Dallas and GreenBay peeps.

I'm not saying that the folks I haven't met personally are any less quality persons, just that until I can make that personal connection, my comfort level as far as sharing very personal info is restricted. There are so many of you that I would like to get to know. The level of talented self expression and depth of feeling and empathy here is incredible. I would love to have a chance to cultivate friendships with most all of you, but realisticly I know that I will have to settle for far less.
    Besides, no telling how many of you guys wouldn't take one look at me and run screaming into the night!

Thunder

• bebu
    bebu

Yes, I think there are many! It makes me think going to an apostafest would be a great deal of fun.

My husband and I corresponded for about 6 months while we were dating, and it helped deepen our relationship a lot. So I think it's possible to get to "know" a person better in some ways due to this board than if I only met him/her in person occasionally.

bebu

• astro_girl
    astro_girl

Hi All!

I haven't been registered long at all but I am soooo glad I found this site! It has helped me to cope better with my JW mom-in-law and even helped me to understand my moonie brother's mind-set. This site has a very strong comradery among the members that I find very comforting and it makes for fascinating reading! Even if there are some very heated debates and barbs thrown back and forth, that's the beauty of it all! Independent thought and opinions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit