Are There Some People Here That You Feel TOTALLY Comfortable With??

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm very comfortable with rocketman. Great guy.

• Badger
    Badger

Quite a few... as LT said, apostafests are nice...

• minimus
    minimus

The more I get to know you, the better I like you! There's a few here that I "trust". Not that I don't feel comfortable with most everyone here but I would be cautious more than if I knew someone and had a face-to-face with them.

• shamus
    shamus

You gotta watch out for me, MIn. I tend to steal wallets and vandalize shoes!

• minimus
    minimus

Shamus on you, boy!

• Aztec
    Aztec
    I'm very comfortable with rocketman. Great guy.

I second that.

Yes, I'm comfortable with quite a few people. Mostly people I've met in person but there are a few I've only chatted with on the phone that I trust. I'm not talking about one five minute phone call but, spending quite a bit of time hashing out issues and really getting to know people that don't live anywhere near me. I'm lucky and I know it.

~Aztec

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

The only individuals I will EVER trust again from these boards are those who I have met, shared time/meals, etc with.

Apostofests are "nice", but even then one must allow time to REALLY get to know another person, like you would anyone in real life. The only thing the majority of us have in common is the JW religion - other than that we are all still individuals, just like everyone else in the world. Not everyone that got DF'd, or even just left the JW's was "victimized" to an extent - there were some pretty rotten apples in the barrel. Can't say they didn't find their way here, its obvious that some of them have.

The meet-ups are actually a much better way to meet individuals in ones own area. Having an opportunity to meet an individual monthly until you've gotten a chance to really know them is a wonderful avenue.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Petty, I couldn't agree with you more! I'm going to try and find a way to make it to next month's cause I miss you and Out (and RW and wife) very much!

~Aztec

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I must be a very strange person, cuz, for the most part I tend to feel comfortable with most people here. I haven't had any bad experiences yet..............I've caught hints of problems, but, they are so obliquely mentioned, it's hard for me to figure exactly what the problem may have been. Also, even tho I've been signed up for awhile here, alot of time went by with me just posting now and then. I was an active member of Women Awake for awhile and that filled whatever need I had to connect with ex dubs. Then, about two months ago, I started really getting involved in discussions here. I would eventually love to meet some of the posters here, but, living in CT seems to put me far away from any regular apostafests.................hopefully, that will change. No one needs to be fearful of me, I pretty much left the borg on my own because I could no longer lie to myself about how unhappy it all made me......I work hard for a living at the Board of Education in a mid-sized City here in CT and have been here for going on four years. I don't have any "issues" that make me foam at the mouth or rave and rant.............lol.........pretty mainstream.

Terri

• shera
    shera

Yes,for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit