I Don't see the WT and Awake mags out there.

by fearnotruth22 22 Replies latest jw friends

• freelife
    freelife

They come around to me and Smurfy's house some times they don't know i live here yet but they always leave their crap in my door about once every 2 months.

• imzadi
    imzadi

I remember when they would give you the garbage for free, but now they want a donation

The only time I've ever been asked for a "donation" was when I was offered a copy of "The Knowledge Book" by a JW at my door a couple of years ago. All the magazines were free.

Iz

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    All the magazines were free.

They're supposed to ask for a donation no matter what literature is left.

• mustang
    mustang

I remember them as always a nickel each!!! But we would give them away, if it seemed appropriate. I left before the "donation arrangement"??!!! No doubts about it back then: get the dough!!!

Mustang

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I see the Witnesses often here where I live in Orange county, NY, but its because of our proximity to the Walkill Farms. In fact I saw a group of four Sista's in thier corny long flower dresses. One of them looked really hot, like she was a double lifer in the closet!

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

It is hard to tell if the numbers in the field are going up or down in my area. With the massive amount of growth in Southern Nevada there is always more and more people anyway. I have noticed the Spanish congregation growing at an astronomical pace, but that is mirrored across the country. I have heard some talk about parking lot witnessing, but have not seen them around.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Hispanics in general just love religon. In the Catholic churches across the country the spanish speaking services are always filled to capacity. Same with the JW's. IN the lower East Side when I was growing up the Spanish Speaking congo's always had the english speaking halls out numbered 2 to 1.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I haven't seen any Witnesses around in a long time. I used to run into a group of Spanish Witnesses at the donut shop on Saturday mornings before meeting for service, but I haven't seen them around for months. No one works our territory -- the last time I saw a car group in the neighborhood was two and a half years ago, when our house was being built.

It's very peaceful.

Nina

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    Hispanics in general just love religon. In the Catholic churches across the country the spanish speaking services are always filled to capacity. Same with the JW's. IN the lower East Side when I was growing up the Spanish Speaking congo's always had the english speaking halls out numbered 2 to 1.

Where I live, while the older Spanish-speaking witnesses who can read the language, as well as speak it, regularly attend the meetings, it's the younger ones who are having problems. Since they live in an English-speaking country, and attend English-speaking schools, they have not learned to read Spanish, and so how can they give talks or reading assignments? They can't--so they are bored at the meetings and a lot stop going. Unless the parents are aware enough to switch to an English-speaking congregation, this trend is going to continue to the concern of Spanish elders, CO's and DO's.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

This seems to apply to all young people. Is it because young people dont think about death or the afterlife or is it just a rebeling against the parents authority?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit