I Don't see the WT and Awake mags out there.

by fearnotruth22 22 Replies latest jw friends

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Whats going on? Has the door to door and street preaching declined in the USA? I don't see the bros out in service and I dont see that mags out there like before. Is it only my perception?

years ago before the termination of the subscrition on a staurday morning certain avenues where loaded with jws offring mags to everyone. I dont see that now, only sparsely visible a couple of sis or bros door to door or on the street.

It is rumored that THe wt is saving millions of dollars a year in shipping, but the lifesaving info contained in the WT and g mags is not getting into the hands of the people via postal mail.What is more important saving money or saving lives?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS is not interested in saving money... they want to make money.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Else:

That reminds me of what a bro told me that was guarding he back of the hall during a meeting. He said that beggers came in to ask for money and he responded that the cong does not give money out, they take money in, but if he wanted a bIble sudy or spiritual food that could be arranged.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Rbi8 James 2:15-17 ***If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself
  • minimus
    minimus

I mentioned that some months back, I sat on a city bench reading a newspaper and saw an elderly JW asking people if they wanted to read the Awake magazine. I sat there for quite a while and noticed that she only asked a few people this question. She was not trying to reach everyone. Her presentation was so simple, a 2 year old could've said the same. Her success rate was poor. (She even asked me and I said, "No thanks".) She saw other Witnesses shopping in the area and talked to them for at least 20 minutes and before that she talked to her son for probably around the same time.......That is the caliber of JW preacher today.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I see only Spanish language going out with the magazines from time to time.I have not seen English at all.

• caligirl
    caligirl

What I am seeing here that I never thought I would see are tables set up at the airport. I saw one woman with a novel tucked behind whatever it was she was pretending to read. They just passively sit there and wait for someone to come to them. No more tough job of approaching! They were also at the mall over the holidays.

• imzadi
    imzadi

The JWs are still out in force where I live. They were especially active during the holidays handing out magazines at the malls and shopping centers. I was approached in the parking lot of my grocery store, at Starbucks, and one lady dumped a magazine in my lap while I was waiting to get my nails done.

Iz

• gentlesoul
    gentlesoul

I remember when they would give you the garbage for free, but now they want a donation and so I think that more and more people are less likely to take them if they have to pay for it. I also thinkthat most of those who did take them took them only out of kindness and they probably went to the can anyways...That's what I would do with them...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I remember when they would give you the garbage for free, but now they want a donation

This isn't quite right. They used to charge for the literature and then switched to donation arrangement. True, some (many?) would never ask for a donation so it might have given the impression that it was free.

Anyone remember the endless KM presentation examples on asking for a donation? If the householder would ask "is this free?" we were supposed to say "while the literature is provided at no cost, we gladly accept voluntary contributions to further the worldwide work..."

It was so much easier when we just said "each magazine is only $0.25 to cover the cost of printing."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit