Give Examples of How The Watchtower Implies Things Without Backing It Up

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What I dislike with the Watchtower Society is their evasive ways. They are delibrately vague or ambigious.

Case in point: Since the earliest years of being indoctrinated by JW's I have heard for over 45 yrs that we are on the threshold of paradise. I was just glancing through one of the older books

"Paradise Restored' It was published in 1972 and says in part. chaper one parag.30 "Already , nearly six thousand yrs of mans existance from the close of the sixth creative day have run there dreary course. We must be approaching the threshold of that thousand- year- long reign of Jesus Christs, which must be accompanyed by Paradise according to what Jesus promised the sympathetic evildoer on the stake there at Mount Calvary. Revelation 20:4, 6

Again just before taking my leave of the Organization I heard several times at the convention that we were on the very threshold of the great tribulation Armeggadon and then Paradise.

Statements such as this have long history, changing in the yr in 1954 i believe and 1975 and then the eighties and nineties, and 2000s. With all that vagueness and ambiguity who can tolerate that stupidity is beyond me. But too I was that illiterate as I too believed it.

Just my thoughts

Orangefatcat.

• minimus
    minimus

Ray Franz explains in detail why the early Christians did not go knocking on doors from house to house in an organized ministry.Pictures in the Watchtowers asserting this are simply fantasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit