Give Examples of How The Watchtower Implies Things Without Backing It Up

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I can't stand how the JW's say that Michael the Archangel is Jesus. Find me a scripture that says that! It says the Word was with God in the beginning and the Word was God. It says the Word created all things. That would include angels, would it not? God would not create something that was His equal, ie The Word. The Word already existed like He did and is infinte just like He is.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Can any thing be outside of "God"? Of course not!! Where does that put Michael? In fact ,where does that put all of us? The WT states that God is outside of us (and conversly,that we are outside of Him) Logic and scripture teach that its impossible for anything to be outside of God. Because they use fear and guilt to manage people they must teach that God is outside of you , that way he becomes a distant "Boogyman" and you need them (priesthood ) to get through to Him and for Him to get through to you. If you want to know God, know yourself. Same goes for Michael the Archangel.

• minimus
    minimus

For some reason I can't see page 3. All I've got is a little box on the left hand corner of my screen. Help anyone?

• minimus
    minimus

Schizm-- Let's go back to the original statement. You said, "I agree that it's very likely" God spoke to Adam and Eve through the Word/Michael/Jesus.......I still see no "Proof" on your part.

• minimus
    minimus

Read Blondie's Watchtower review for the perfect answer!

• heathen
    heathen

Actually I think the WTBTS made a pretty good case that michael was jesus. If you look at Daniel 12 when michael stands up in behalf of israel the dead are resurcected, it sounds an aweful lot like what the new testament says about jesus who is quoted as calling himself the resurection .

I also disagree with the WTBTS that they have the undisputed truth on all things in the bible.

I disagree that whenever they prophesy they know the date of armageddon and then turn around and claim the world ended in a different way then they expected .

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    Jehovah destroyed the "cities of Sodom and Gomorrah"

Okay, Minimus...I have seen this one explained two ways ... God will resurrect and will not resurrect. The wts backed both these up both ways, too...so which is it? And which is it now today? Another example of the flip-flop beliefs of the borg. And who really cares since that is no longer a part of my belief system...?

ESTEE

• integ
    integ
    the WT. says that early Christians went from door-to-door. No they didn't. Those big fat liars!

Didn't Jesus send them out in two's to preach? Clearly this would mean they preached from door to door. Actually I thought the witnesses had backing on that exhortation. Help me refute this please. My Mom loves saying the early Christians went from door to door. I, like to debate her on everything lately, but I have to be careful, she's already threatening to shun me, and turn me in. Nice is'nt it?

Thanks,

Integ.

• heathen
    heathen

Integ-- It is pretty clear in acts of apostles that they did go to peoples homes to declare the good news, there is even a part that says they would wipe their feet on the doorstep if they were rejected . They organized in preaching the word anyway possible , after all they had no technology and the only way to communicate would be through actively seeking out those that would listen to the message . There is no mention of counting your time with this either . My main problem with the way the WTBTS does this is the demand that women do it . I think that is completely wrong . The women were only asked to but not forced to teach the wives of other believing males . Older and wiser of course teaching the younger and newer converts. IMHO. I don't think women ever had the hope of ruling as kings with christ in the kingdom of the heavens so it just seems that their obligation would not include a public preaching . The belief was that in converting people they were actually storing up treasure in heaven .

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dubs always make me larf when their minds slip onto the trinity (tree part entity) when someone suggests that jesus was god (arguably, a two part entity). Since when does two equal three? It must be the wt mathematics. But then, the gov body never were any good at it, what w their imaginary chronologies. Schizm should have gone to grade school, instead of ministry school.

SS the larfing class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit