Give Examples of How The Watchtower Implies Things Without Backing It Up

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher
    perhaps someone here can tell me how JWs get around the piece of scripture that says the 144,000 are virgin males.

They do this the same way that they get around the verses in Revelation that describe the 144,000 as being from the twelve tribes of Israel. They say it is "spiritual Israel" and not literal Israel.

So it is with the virgin males. I only remember the explanation about the "virgin" part -- that they are virgins in (guess what?) the "spiritual" sense, not having committed "spiritual fornication" with the world they lived in -- not having compromised with the worldly nations or people, by maintaining their integrity to God's Kingdom faithfully until their death.

They point to the first verses of Revelation where it says the "the angel presented it in signs to John" as the reason that they can take ANY later verse in Revelation and twist it to fit what they would like, since nothing in Revelation is literal and everything signifies something else.

Make the Bible say what YOU want it to say. (Of course the JW's aren't the only ones who do that.)

• heathen
    heathen

schizm-- I would like for you to show some scripture to support your belief that women are called to preach a message about christ going door to door .

Globetrotter--- The WTBTS believes they have this uncanny ability to know when something should be taken literally or symbolically . However the apostle John did like to use the term virgin in a sense of being spiritually chaste but the part about not defiling themselves with women cannot be explained logically by a dub.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm-----I never brought up the trinity and I see no reason for you to, either. You are a typical JW that runs around an argument when you get caught.btw---are you male or female or possibly one of the 144000?~Minimus

The Bible says GOD created man. It DOESN"T say God used Michael the Archangel to create him.~Minimus

All things were made by [he who was "in the beginning with God," namely the Word/Jesus/Michael]; and without him was not any thing made that was made. ~John 1:3.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    btw---are you male or female or possibly one of the 144000?~Minimus

I've already been spoken for, Minimus, so you may as well get your filthy mind off of me! LOL

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Schizm wrote:

"All things were made by [he who was "in the beginning with God," namely the Word/Jesus/Michael]; and without him was not any thing made that was made. ~John 1:3. "

.Schizm , keep in mind that the scripture goes on to say "...and the Word became flesh". If you insist on including Michael in your definition of the Word you must explain how this happens with an Archangel who IS a Soul but does not have a Soul. Without a movable essence how could Michael become flesh? Also, if an Archangel was "transfered" how could Jesus be a corresponding human like Adam. What about all that memory and experience ands understanding of death etc. Surely Jesus" faithfulness had more to build on than Adam had. How are we to understand all this?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    How are we to understand all this?~Sidd

Have you considered asking your Mudder?

• minimus
    minimus

Like I said....."typical" JW......"have you considered asking your Mudder?" After that response, Schizm shows what he can't do...Ninety night, Schiz.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Like I said....."typical" JW......"have you considered asking your Mudder?" After that response, Schizm shows what he can't do...Ninety night, Schiz.~Minimus

Why not deal with what I said to YOU personally, instead of using what I said to some other person as a reason for not doing so? Too much for you to handle, Minimus?

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Schizm,

A challenge ? Yes. But no offense intended. Perhaps another time.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Here's what you have to deal with, Minimus:

Schizm-----I never brought up the trinity and I see no reason for you to, either. You are a typical JW that runs around an argument when you get caught.btw---are you male or female or possibly one of the 144000?~Minimus

The Bible says GOD created man. It DOESN"T say God used Michael the Archangel to create him.~Minimus

All things were made by [he who was "in the beginning with God," namely the Word/Jesus/Michael]; and without him was not any thing made that was made. ~John 1:3.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit