Give Examples of How The Watchtower Implies Things Without Backing It Up

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm-----Why do you feel that it's "very likely"? I think it's most likely that Jehovah would speak to Adam and Moses and Abraham without the intervening of Jesus. When the SCRIPTURE says Jehovah spoke to a person, why is that not easily accepted.? Why try to add or take away from the Word??

God didn't *create* Adam and Eve directly, so why would he *communicate* with them directly?

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

Re: blood

Isn't there a passage that the witnesses use (not their main one though) for support of their stand on blood that says something like "The blood and the fat are for Jehovah"? I bet there are scores of witnesses out there that love pork dorks (rinds) (chicharron)!

• blondie
    blondie
    Schizm-----Why do you feel that it's "very likely"? I think it's most likely that Jehovah would speak to Adam and Moses and Abraham without the intervening of Jesus. When the SCRIPTURE says Jehovah spoke to a person, why is that not easily accepted.? Why try to add or take away from the Word??

Hey miin and schizm, it is very likely that God could and did talk directly to Adam because God talked directly to his other perfect son, Jesus, when he was on earth and other people heard it. So based on that, it is "very likely" that God talked directly to Adam. Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

The Bible says GOD created man. It DOESN"T say God used Michael the Archangel to create him. Why can't you simply read the Bible to understand what GOD says?

• heathen
    heathen

minimus --- I thought the new testament said that all things were created through Jesus and indirectly by jehovah .

Any who , now I'm certain that the way the WTBTS interprets Daniel 4 as end time prophesy and discloses the date of 1914 as the end of gentile times is complete fabrication.

I disagree that it's only ok to call jesus a god and not refer to him as God .

I disagree that with the policy of sending women in the preaching work when they aren't allowed to preach in the congregation.

I disagree that it's ok to baptize pre teens and young teens just based on the idea that they can answer a bunch of questions

I disagree that the WTBTS uses the organization in the stead of holy spirit during the baptism ritual.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    The Bible says GOD created man. It DOESN"T say God used Michael the Archangel to create him.

Surely you're not wanting to argue the "Trinity," are you Minimus?

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Schizm says:

"Can you think of anything that JWs believe in that is clearly unproveable???"

Yes! The death of the "Soul". Because they teach that Michael's life was "transfered" they create a state of being that can be moved from the spirit realm into a physical body. No matter how lightly they treat it, the idea of a transferable "essence" contradicts the evidence they present to support "Soul death". To get around the problem they simply state Michael's life force was transfered and drop it there (the life force has no personality etc.) Go figure. Somehow we get Michael in Jesus.

Another major doctrinal point is that "the tree of knowledge" in the garden was a literal tree but with symbolic meaning. Can't be so ! Has to be a literal tree with literal meaning or a symbolic tree with symbolic meaning. This becomes evident when one thinks of the significance of driving Adam and out before they eat from the other tree.. the tree of life in the center of the garden. Think about it!!

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I disagree that with the policy of sending women in the preaching work when they aren't allowed to preach in the congregation.~heathen

I have no problem with the particular "policy" of which you speak. However, I do fail to see how a *woman* can be one of the 144,000 (a king and priest during Christ's reign) and yet not qualify to represent the congregation in prayer, etc.

• Globetrotter
    Globetrotter

Since I have never been a witness, and since my wife cannot answer the question, perhaps someone here can tell me how JWs get around the piece of scripture that says the 144,000 are virgin males. They conveniently stop short of that verse when prooftexting at the memorial.

• minimus
    minimus

Schizm-----I never brought up the trinity and I see no reason for you to, either. You are a typical JW that runs around an argument when you get caught.btw---are you male or female or possibly one of the 144000?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit