US ready to seize Gulf oil in 1973

by ignored_one 37 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

So what? Every Nation has vital interests and will act to survive, name one Nation that has never been invaded at one time or another? Welcome to the real world?. Compared to past Word Powers, the fact is the US is the most benevolent World Power that has ever existed. The reality is the Mid-East has always been the subject of other Nations interventions, since civilization.

• frogit
    frogit

Yerusalyim said: ?The BBC has been known to makes stuff up before too...so trust this at your own risk.?

Just to add clarity to this point the UK Government release secret document under the 30 year rule, and allow then to be examined publicly. This is just what the BBC have done, it is not "made up stuff", just true reporting. The 30 year rule is a rule pertaining to archives which states that all documents or files which have been closed for more than 30 years are accessible to the public. I believe the EU also applies this ruling.

hope this helps

frogit

ps it is always interesting each new year to read whats been hidden.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

TCHI CHI ... your are not included in the american power (Even as an american citizen) in other word you are not the one who's got the power (do you understand what it means exactly?)

and by the way now to take about the citizens, remember Every civilisation who tried to get too far WENT QUICK DOWN ! we never learn

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    This is just what the BBC have done, it is not "made up stuff", just true reporting.

Again, I'm not disputing that the US had plans for the seizure of oil fields...that is prudent...what I question is the BBC spin that it was "imminent"

• one
    one

If you control the oil, you control the world.

Fuel cell is the ready answer, your next car may be powered by fuel cel, no choice. It has been an available option for decades. No harmful emission, pure clean.

All car manufactures are ready with their electric cars with the engine on, at the gate waiting for the go ahead from uncle Sam.

Cel phone powered by fuel cel, distributed power generation, heck even you can generate electricity at your house from ?water?? if ?they? show you how. You can buy an expensive unit from Coleman, but they (oil corp) still (maybe never) don?t want you to produce your own hydrogen to run your fuel cel power plant.

Among other source of energy fuel cel can run out of water (hydrogen, water = H2O) for all practical purposes.

The problem is it will have geopolitical effects I can?t even imagine, that may be the reason USA is holding the brakes on the electric cars.

What will you have to control to control the World? USA is figuring that out before releasing the old/new technology which they have been using on spacecraft for decades. But time is running out, clock is ticking faster.

Well, they are figuring how to convert gas station into hydrogen stations, some cities like washington already have experimental ?hydrogen stations?

Oil companies? No, water companies...

• avishai
    avishai

Has anyone brought up the fact that the Arab countries "nationalized" The oil companies, i.e, taking them from the people who had built them from the ground up? Mostly American & British Co.? Oh, I guess you'll all chalk it up to "They had it coming, because of their imperialist acts!"

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Has anyone brought up the fact that the Arab countries "nationalized" The oil companies, i.e, taking them from the people who had built them from the ground up? Mostly American & British Co.? Oh, I guess you'll all chalk it up to "They had it coming, because of their imperialist acts!"

good question HALLI BURTON and CO = MONOPOLY (not the same : AGAIN - they don't have the choice !!! and if you really think about the subject you're get to interesting conclusion and maybe get the light ! cause now you know why they need OIL to stay a major used energy when we could use something else (50 years is left/enough - then you will have to find something else - but I'm not sure you'll keep the market that long anyway cause You still have to remember that it is the money who is leading not the oil on the second base and economy on the first base - now you know why they still have to try some other energies to be ready in case - and believe me you should) so NOW WHAT IF BURTON find a CONCURRENT ... WAR ? or NEW energy ? ... STAY SIMPLE ... WHY turning around the bushes (lol interesting)... CHOOSE NEW energy right now and focus on real economy ! ENOUGH BULLSHIT !!!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Good old BBC, comes to the rescue of the left again, NOT!

Hate to pop some bubbles, but all nations keep contingency plans on invasion of other nations, IF THE NEED EVER ARISES!

Now, to this new revelation of the BBCs. Hate to pop some left bubbles, but I was assigned to Air Troop 2nd ACR, Nurnberg, Germany, Feucht Army Airfield at that particular time. Bear in mind, the previous year, Arab terrorists kidnapped and murdered nearly the entire Israeli team in Munich Germany. Back to the point. I was part of that worldwide alert in October 1973. We were on filed manuvers at the time and they were cancelled and we returned to Feucht to await the word to deploy, TO HELP ISRAEL REPEL ARAB INVADERS, if need be. Israel was caught off guard and wasn't doing too well in the early days and aid to her was slow coming.

I talked to a lady years later that was part of the Israeli Army during that time and they didn't know we were poised in Germany to defend them, if need be. Even though the oil embargo had been going on for a bit, there was never any mention of invading to take over oil fields. That plans that were made were just contingency plans, as was stated in the BBC article, if one wants to read it all.

Read it all, it was the worldwide alert without consulting or informing the British government, that upset them, not contingency plans. If you will think back a few years, it was discovered that even Israel had contingency plans to fight the US, if the need ever arose. Plans as those are just a fact of military procedure, regardless of country.

Nice try to blacken the US's eye again, but any thinking person can read the article and see it for what it is.

• Simon
    Simon

Dakota Red

The BBC reports news. It is one of THE most respected news agencies in the world and one of the few that will stick to it's guns and stand up to the government 'official line' when it has to.

However much YOU want to try and spin it and label it as leftie, you know this and it annoyes the hell out of you that here is a major world news agency that doesn't tow the party line like your pathetic so called 'news' channels which are often just full of sensationalist crap and headlines.

As for what YOU were doing. You were just a grunt. It's akin to someone working in a call centre in Bangalore claiming to know what IBMs global strategy is just because they have the logo on their TShirt. From what I've seen, being in the forces for some seems to be very like being in a mind control religion - you must get fed more propaganda than event the general population does.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    TCHICHI : Hate to pop some bubbles, but all nations keep contingency plans on invasion of other nations, IF THE NEED EVER ARISES!

Well first of : What is that INVASION "MENTALITY" ALL ABOUT ... can't you just "exchange" (Exchange = economy so it is not a problem) ... NO you want TO TAKE !!! And you think that others Should say ... NO PROBLEM take whatever you want ... (dream about it)

Can't you see ... can't you feel a major issu here ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit