US ready to seize Gulf oil in 1973

by ignored_one 37 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The sooner the US is weaned off its dependence on foreign energy the better. They should start drilling in Alaska, put a big federal tax on Gasoline to take it to $2 average to encourage Detroit to start building energy efficient cars, (The US has the technology --trust me). Much more money should be spent on alternative energy research -- more car pooling/sharing esp in big cities such as Boston and New Yor ka and LA. Just my 2 cents worth

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yeru,

Mind you, I have no doubt in my military mind that the United States had plans to seize the oil fields if we thought it became necessary...that's called prudent military planning.

no, it's not called "prudent military planning", it's called "FREEDOM".

• bisous
    bisous
    Modern war is NEVER profitable...ever

well.....not true if you are a principle of or have interest in Halliburton.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Kellog Brown and Root make money during war...other parts of Haliburton lose money. Kellog Brown and Root also make money when there ISN'T war...as does the rest of Haliburton.

• bisous
    bisous

it is true there are some do, some don't

but you DID say Never, Ever.....

:o)

• sf
    sf

I was reading an editorial in my local paper regarding the plan a decade ago to control the Middle East and its oil reserves:

Welcome to the Project for the New American Century
    The Project for the New American Century is a non-profit educational organization
    dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good ...
    Description: A non-profit educational organization supporting American military, diplomatic, and moral leadership.
    Category: Society > Issues > Policy Institutes > P
    www.newamericancentury.org/ - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

I'll try to find the editorial online and post it. If not, I'll type out this persons comments.

sKally

• Simon
    Simon

I think it makes the current claims that they are not bothered about the oil more than a little hollow and unbelievable.

Everything that they do in the middle-east has always been and will always be ultimately about the oil and keeping their supply.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Simon -- you are correct - My boss is a diehard conservative, right-wing Republican -- and even he admits it all comes down to OIL

• sf
    sf

The local editorial I read this week:

'A smear piece'

Re: Clifford May's Dec. 18 commentary, "Democrats' candidate should agree with Bush":

This is a transparent smear of Democratic front-runner Howard Dean and a condemnation of those who dissent from the Bush doctrine.

The author, May, and his group, the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, show little regard for truth and for democracy here at home.

May faults Vice President Al Gore for "failing to aggressively persue terrorists during the eight years he worked in the White House".

In fact, Gore headed a White House Commission on Aviation Safety and Security. A GOP Congress, fueled by partisanship, rebuked the report. Former President Clinton told newly appointed National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice that terrorism and Osama bin Laden were the most important considerations in securing the safety of our nation. The Bush Administration dismissed this advice and the report of the U.S. Commission on National Security in the 21st Century, also known as the Hart-Rudman.

Instead, the Bush Administration "neo-conned" the American people by adopting a policy of pre-emptive war. All Americans should know the beliefs of the neo-cons in the current administration. A decade ago they drafted a plan, the PROJECT FOR A NEW AMERICAN CENTURY, which calls for the United States to control the Middle East and its oil reserves.

They created an Office of Special Plans, whiched "cooked" intelligence data that would convince Congress and the American people to support their war.

They misused our patriotism by claiming that we were bringing liberation and democracy to the oppressed of the world. Now, they label those who disagree with them as "terrorist sympathizers".

If we allow this attack on dissent to continue, our democracy is indeed in peril.--KD, my town, California

sKally

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I think I shoul btt this post and a few others every now and then ...

AMERICAN CITIZENS ... WAKE UP !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit