Seattle Area Meet-up

by Gretchen956 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Mulan writes:

Buca de Beppo in Lynnwood is really good and fun too

There's one in downtown Seattle, too. Off the Mercer St. exit near the Space Needle. Good, cheap eats with plentiful portions, served family-style.

Wild Ginger is spendy, but great food. Thai, Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese....all that and no side of fries.

Let me know...I may or may not be free...

Wasa

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

Craig...as long as you have some Judds, Alabama, Diamond Rio, throw in some oldies but goodies, I think I COULD survive...(sigh)

But ONLY if you agree to listen to some contemporary/traditional Irish music which is the BASIS for most of that stuff...

Let me know, I would rather not fly solo-just NOT as much fun!

Is anyone from CA coming at all?

mobbie

• codeblue
    codeblue

Hey:

Keep me and Mr. CB posted on the final decision and date...would be nice to meet you all... I have already met Mulan and Big Red...had an enjoyable breakfast with them a couple of months ago.

Codeblue

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Sorry, I couldn't resist

• Princess
    Princess

Gretchen has a wheat allergy so Buca doesn't work for her. I guess I'm the only one with kids which explains why I was thinking something WAY more informal. We used to eat at places like that, now we get take out and eat at home.

Don't alter your plans on account of me. You guys have fun and I'll see y'all at the St Patrick's Day fest at Doodles!

Rachel

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'm all for some place informal if that means more people can come. It's about visiting, not the food...

• Princess
    Princess

I really don't want you to alter your plans because of me. I guess because this all started with plans for meeting for coffee or something that the list of restaurant choices surprised me. It morphed into something huge!

Seriously. Do what the majority wants to do.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Palamino is pretty high $$ too. I also have to shell out for a babysitter for the evening so I'd prefer something a bit lower in cost. Just my preference.

I've only been there once and didn't pay, (we were guests and the food was just brought............I never saw a menu) but it does seem to be a little too high price for us too. I inquired. I doubt we can pay $40 to $50 each.

• bisous
    bisous

is this still on?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Okay, not to totally hijack the place ideas, but how about we all go here:

http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/3_pike_brewing/banquets.html

My hubby and I have been here plenty of times, beer is good, they take reservations for parties, and since it's a pub, they probably won't mind if we're there for a couple hours or so.

The only sorta problematic is it's in Pike place which can be a little bit of a parking pain. BUT, not too bad.

Any comments?

Odrade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit