Seattle Area Meet-up

by Gretchen956 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

drt,

I'm actually coming up I-5 from Astoria, Oregon. Just a little spoff on "gettin over the pass". :-)

carmel

• Mulan
    Mulan

We can probably come too.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

I' m up for anything! If you plan it, I will come!!! I have no life!

• Princess
    Princess
    It's almost all covered outdoors with those outdoor fireplaces all over, kind of on a bahama tropical theme. I have absolutely no idea on prices. I know there are LOTS of other places as well.

Sounds like Rainforest Cafe? Bummer about the wheat allergy. Food is not the draw here anyway so whatever you want is fine.

I'm gone the second weekend in January so anytime after that is good for me. There is a bike ride in February too but its late in the month.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow, that place sounds really cool, Gretchen. I'd be up for the first Saturday in Feb.

SNG

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I'm up for anything as well, let me know when and where. Savage and I are willing to drive

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Could anyone willing to meet the first Saturday in February please PM me? I want a headcount and I'll make reservations and send out a map, etc. A consensus of what time would be best for everyone would also be helpful, would you prefer to dine at 6 or 8 or some other time altogether?

Can't wait to meet you all, and doodle-v has just about talked me into coming to the apostofest too.

Gretchen

• onacruse
    onacruse

Gretchen, sorry we missed you when you were down this way last month!

Kate and I would luvvers to meet with y'all (except for that Carmel dude! LOL ).

[email protected]

Craig & Kate

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

So far I have a tally of 10 coming to dinner, whats funny is that over half are from Portland. I can't wait to meet you all.

Gretchen

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I may PM a couple of you separately, but for the group as a whole, here are 4 good restaurants, if any of you have a preference between them please let me know. They all rate very well with the food critics. My original suggestion of the Bahama Breeze place was not worthwhile. They don't take reservations and their food only rated one star out of four. So:

Italian Cuisine:
    Tulio Ristorante
    1100 5th Ave
    206-624-5500

Pan Asian Cuisine:
    Wild Ginger
    1401 3rd Ave
    206-623-4450

French/American Cuisine:
    The Palamino
    1420 5th Ave
    206-623-1300

Mexican Cuisine:
    Mama's Mexican Kitchen
    2234 2nd Ave
    206-728-6262

I'll make reservations based on feedback. Also, this is a Saturday, what time works best? If I don't hear back on this I'm going to make them for 6:30.

Gretchen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit