Awake Magazine - No Longer Being Printed?

by JWTom 61 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I remember the WT days when Tracts were used on special campaign offers. Seems to me that the Awake Magazine is going to take on the form of a Tract in future days...instead of getting rid of the Awake altogether...it's going to be demoted/relegated to Tract status.🤣🤣🤣

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Now that Awake! has resurfaced with the first issue for 2021, has anyone noticed that it seems decidedly specific to one country?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Watchtower Magazine & Awake Magazine updates!

To be announced this week:

The Awake Magazine and the Watchtower Magazine Public Edition will continue to be out of print for several more months. No explanation given!

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

Yes we had the announcement digital only until further notice

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When it does come back it will be one magazine half of which will be the WT and the other half will be Awake and it could have the caption " Watctower is Awake to Bible Prophecies & world Events"

• Davros
    Davros
    The Awake Magazine and the Watchtower Magazine Public Edition will continue to be out of print for several more months. No explanation given!

Most likely due to the ongoing supply chain issues and rising costs of the materials needed to produce the magazines.

10 cents to cover the cost of the ink and paper just doesn't cut it anymore.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I get grocery ads every week printed on paper nearly as good as what the awake used to be, and similar size, mailed.

Are they so cheap they can't do that? Maybe redo the format so we computer challenged can print a folding letter size mag.

• Davros
    Davros
    Are they so cheap they can't do that?

If they don't print it, they don't have to spend ANY money on paper, ink, machinery, maintenance, and shipping. Much cheaper to produce the magazines digitally so their donation dollars can be allocated elswhere instead of writing checks to their paper and ink vendors.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i used to chuckle when one of the bothers, whose first language wasnt english. referred to the Awake! magazine as the AWAKEL

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Darn- There goes my chance of a college education for reading the Awake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit