Awake Magazine - No Longer Being Printed?

by JWTom 61 Replies latest jw friends

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Kingdom Halls will probably reopen soon since things are starting to turn somewhat back to normal now that much of the USA population has received a Covid-19 vaccination.

😂😂😂😂

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Dear brothers, we are pleased to inform you that because of unprecedented growth we will no longer be printing the "awake" magazine!

LOL.

Jut like the announcement regarding the old "Pioneers Assist Others" program back in the 90s (not making this up - not an exact quote but the spirit was something like this):

"The Pioneers Assist Others program has helped thousands of our brothers to accomplish more in the ministry and has been a phenomenal unqualified success! Thus, we are hereby discontinuing the program. Praise Jehovah!"

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Maybe they are gonna print just one public Watchtower and one Awake each year...or make it biannual. Change coming for sure...

• SadElder
    SadElder

Announcement coming soon:

It was at the 1990 Cedar Point "Somewhere in our dreams" convention that it was pointed out that the works of the modern day locust would soon draw to a close. In that end we see the end of the publishing of the Asleep magazine has now arrived. We rejoice with you in seeing this further understanding carried forth.

• dozy
    dozy

Once the Society brought out the Watchtower "Public" edition , it did seem that the "Awake" days were limited.

I guess we will just have to wait with baited breath for the "exciting" announcement that the celestial chariot is moving ahead at great speed and increasingly as the public are benefiting from online material such as video productions , that Awake magazine production would cease. Another certain sign of Jehovah's blessing blah blah...

In some respects it's quite sad , as I spent many happy rainy afternoons as a kid reading through the back issues that my parents and grandparents had diligently filed inside empty Kelloggs cereal packets.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Announcement coming soon:

It was at the 1990 Cedar Point "Somewhere in our dreams" convention that it was pointed out that the works of the modern day locust would soon draw to a close. In that end we see the end of the publishing of the Asleep magazine has now arrived. We rejoice with you in seeing this further understanding carried forth.

Surely the Service Dept has someone reading this boards to find great ideas like this on how to spin this shit. Think about it! We are like their free polling numbers.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

you heard this rumour here first, folks.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The most circulated, most popular magazine has now faded into the sunset. I thought they said that reading the Watchtower and Awake is equivalent to a college education. In what degree of study is not clear, but close to clown college or use car salesman.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Sorry to put an end to all the beautiful speculations, but it is obvious that some of you did not pay 100 % attention at the mid-week meeting last November, when a letter from HQ was read, stating that Awake nos 1 and 2 of 2021 as well as the public Watchtower no 2 of 2021 would be delayed three or four months.

Why, I do not know, but my guess is that all the presses are busy with the new study brochure, which presently is being published in tens upon tens of languages.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The Awake for 2021 is not even available on line so they can't say the presses are busy on other publications.

Maybe they haven't had time for the in depth research needed to write the articles twaddle.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit