Awake Magazine - No Longer Being Printed?

by JWTom 61 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"In 1879 when the faithful and discreet slave class began publishing this journal, then called Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence, it contained the following statement: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” (W Nov. 1, 2007 pg17)

We all know that recently WT decided it was time to reduce the size, number of pages and how often its magazines (Watchtower and Awake) are published. Now with the absence of the Awake magazine for the past year in both paper and digital form is it possible that WT has 'understood it to be time to suspend the publication' of the Awake not only due to a lack of funds but more embarrassingly due to a lack of interest?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

JW GoneBad:

Now with the absence of the Awake magazine for the past year

Issue No. 3 of Awake! from 2020 is described as the "November/December 2020" issue, so it hasn't actually been a year. Issue No. 1 for 2021 would be the "March/April" issue (the public edition of The Watchtower being the "January/February" issue). So strictly speaking, it's only a few weeks late.

It is possible that Awake! could be discontinued at some point (particularly if no one really cares that it's late), or merged with the public edition of The Watchtower, but at this stage, it is just late, as was announced in November 2020.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "Maybe they will combine the two and call it 'The Watchtower and Awake Announcing Jehovahs Kingdom'"

This... actually makes the most sense to me.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

We're into June 2021 and no hide or hair in paper or digital form of Awake Magazine yet!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    I bet they give the reason for dis continuing the "awake" is because "woke" is such a politically charged term these days!
  • keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

I heard some week ago , a letter read at Kingdom "Zoom" Hall, that the 'number 2' will be available for a special campaign ... but since ... nothing .... more In French Assemblies

Best regards

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

I'll bet that Awake is gonna be digital edition only...such a lovable provision....I think Watchtower too....just imaging simplification and huge $ savings!

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Is it because the Watchtower Corporation has run out of fear mongering bullshit ?

Well it certainly has paired itself down from decades ago.

We must accept that Jehovah has provided the inter net so that the "True" kingdom preaching can go on by his chosen earthly organization.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A memory just came back to me, of myself as a young person offering the Mags at the Doors, and hiding the Watchtower UNDER the Awake because I knew some people said " NO THANK YOU !" as soon as they saw the name "Watchtower" ! The "Awake" title was not so well known, and disliked, I reasoned.

The necessity for such deceit must have added to the growing Cognitive Dissonance that I had. I was always ashamed that my family were JW's, and hid the fact that I was (nominally) too, from anyone that I could.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I'LL BE BACK!

I'm back!---------AWAKE MAGAZINE

SPECIAL CAMPAIGN ------DOOR TO DOOR IS BACK, Sometime before the end of the year.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/?contentLanguageFilter=en&pubFilter=g&yearFilter=

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/nrg842/sadly_it_appears_that_the_reports_of_awakes/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit