Awake Magazine - No Longer Being Printed?

by JWTom 61 Replies latest jw friends

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    it is obvious that some of you did not pay 100 % attention at the mid-week meeting last November

Maybe not but.....

my guess is that all the presses are busy with the new study brochure

It is obvious that one of you has not been paying 100% attention. There are no "presses" involved with creating digital copies of a magazine.

It's a matter of creating content and formatting it on a computer, and then clicking the "upload" button. Literally no "press" involvement at all.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

I guess while most of the Liberals are woke, no one notices the fake Awake went to sleep.

• asp59
    asp59

Yeah kingdom halls will reopen....to the cristian or Muslim group that bought the building 😁😄

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe they will combine the two and call it

"The Watchtower and Awake Announcing Jehovahs Kingdom"

• Caminante
    Caminante

Even according to the announcement in the November 2020 S-147, the magazines are too late. Awake no. 3/2020 was posted to JW.org in June 2020, no. 1/2021 should have been posted in October 2020, no. 2/2021 in February 2021. In December 2020 we should have had the public Watchtower no. 2/2021 according to the unadjusted schedule. The assets for Watchtower no. 2/2021 are on the JW.org already (cover: https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/a/wp/E/202105/wpub/wp_E_202105_lg.jpg), however no content has been uploaded for Awake no. 1/2021 (which should have been dated March 2021). This very fact puts weight on the speculation regarding the silent ceasing of the magazine being published.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My wife is still in, and spends some time each week writing letters, in which they typically place some type of brochure. It is small and light and can be mailed along with the letter without any extra postage (US), whereas a larger magazine would need extra postage and would be a little too bulky for the envelope.

Their needs have changed, so I don't think it farfetched to look for the Awake to be discontinued.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Agreed that the magazine has long outlived its usefulness (if it ever had any).

What's weird is that they simply stopped publishing it and didn't bother to tell anyone about it.

Quite possibly even weirder is that, to the best of my knowledge, no JW is talking about it. In fact, I'd wager that probably less than 10% have even noticed.

It almost makes me wonder if it is some sort of test by the WT bigwigs - "how much do people really pay attention? If we suddenly just stop publishing a magazine that has been in continuous circulation for 100+ years, will anyone notice?"

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Got to know from an internal source in Bethel - The Awake magazine is being printed. The digital release has been delayed due to some reasons. The topic for the Awake No. 1, 2021 is "Wisdom for Life and Happiness"

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The last time I saw an Awake! magazine, I found that it had been really dumbed down. Seemed to be about a third grade reading level.

• JWTom
    JWTom

Drearyweather - Thanks for the insider intel. We still have friends at bethel but I lack the interest in reaching out to them with this type of question.

Awhile back we had a thread on here about the CLAM workbooks not being published and now they being published 9-10 months in advance at some times.....without a doubt "food at the proper time" when it takes months to develop and then is published months before anyone looks at it.

Drearyweather - does your bethel contact have intel on the request for trailers in the US?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit