March 2018 Broadcast - When quotes become rumors

by Listener 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I don't know what makes me angrier, the insanity of the Gibbering Body or the JDubs who worship them and cling to every word that they say. The overlappers are the most gullible people alive.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"The spread of rumours (facts about the borg) is like wildfire it is hard to control, it spreads distrust (questioning) and can undermine someone's faith (mind control programming)" ???

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH MY FREAK!

Are they really being this BRAZEN??

The hypocrisy is mind blowing!

Beyond that, I'm speechless....(and as you all know...that doesn't often happen!)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Surrender Dorothy!

GB WIZARDS

It reminds me of the Wizard of Oz. "The Wizard will explain it!"

A reliable source of course.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Soon, just before Armageddon, the remaining members of the Slave will be taken to heaven."

Gosh, I sure hope so.

I'm getting tired of them hanging around, messing up JWs' lives.

:smirk:

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

stuckinarut2 speechless! Whaaaaaat????? Mic drop!

Just teasing... hehehehe :-)

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Jehovah & Jesus trust the F&DS???? I don't remember them ever saying that.

Imagine if a couple of men came to your door and claimed to be working for the government but they had no offical badges, no letters of authority on a govt letterhead etc, nothing, but you must trust them because they say so and listen to everything they say.

Now imagine, that based on your skeptical hesitation, the same men then go on to claim that you have every reason to trust them because the Govt fully trusts them!!! The same Govt that doesn't even acknowledge their existence boy providing them with any credentials???

• bennyk
    bennyk

And if one were to alter this transcription by substituting "Roman Curia" and "Papacy" for "Faithfull and Discreet Slave", and showed it to Witnesses -- How would they respond?

They would be astonished and repulsed by the audacity of the Roman Catholic Church.

"Pot, meet Kettle."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sometimes a bad argument made in support of your position is worse than no argument at all. I am sure this type of nonsense is liable to disconcert more JWs than it reassures.

• cofty
    cofty

This was written by, and/or approved for publication by a member the governing body. Put it in the first person and marvel at the arrogance ...

This is not to say that [we] are perfect and never makes mistakes but Jehovah and Jesus trusts [us] who cares for things to the best of [our] ability and with the best of motives. Shouldn't [you] then trust [us] as well? To appreciate the extent of Jehovah's and Jesus' trust [us], reflect on what he has promised [us]. He has promised [us] immortality and incorruption. Soon, just before Armageddon, [we] will be taken to heaven.

Since 1919 of our common era, [we] has been put in charge of some belongings of Christ. According to Matthew 24:47 when [we] are taken to heaven Jesus will then at that point entrust all his belongings to [us]. Does this not reveal immense trust? Revelation 4:4 describes [us] as co rulers with Christ. Revelation 22:5 says [we] will rule, not only for a thousand years but for ever and ever. What immense trust Jesus shows toward [us]. Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust [us] should [you] not do the same? ...

So, whom do you trust? You fully trust in Jehovah, Jesus and [us]. To a reasonable degree you also trust all of your fellow Brothers and Sisters...something else we need to trust in – God’s Word...

Notice the contrast between unquestioning trust in the GB and trust of fellow Brothers and Sisters 'to a reasonable degree'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit