March 2018 Broadcast - When quotes become rumors

by Listener 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This is the man who “does not answer to Watchtower” and is “not related to Watchtower”.

”Watchtower does not have control” over him.

This is no rumor, it’s well documented evidence and signed by himself.

A liar and a fraud.

G.

• Listener
    Listener

One of the reasons we should put total trust in them is because they don't want to lose out on their heavenly reward. Yet there have been GB members in the past where this hasn't been a consideration.

The same principle should apply to any JW, including Elders, whether they have the heavenly hope or the earthly hope.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Quoting Jackson at the ARC on this forum is still putting the wind up them. Let's keep it going!

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

It would appear that reports are getting back to HQ that some in the congregations are getting restless perhaps even agitated at some “so called” rumours they are hearing.

Many of us have commented at how the GB appear tired and stressed out looking in their video presentations.

The ARC inquiry of WTS policies indicated that WT leaders poorly handled child sexual abuse cases for decades. Likewise, with the abject failure the WTS had in Russia are no doubt contributing to all of this.

Recently, Gary Breaux spoke about how the apostates are challenging the scriptural position of the “two witness” rule as it pertains to establishing a judicial committee and that the media has discussed this as well. He conveniently did not mention that all the criticism over this “two witness” rule is in regards to child molestation.

He concluded after reading two scriptures showing the Biblical necessity of “two witnesses” as it applies to taking judicial action by saying “…we will never change our scriptural position on that subject.”

Letters and videos are being leaked at an unprecedented rate recently. The GB knows that they have in their very midst those willing to risk doing this. In addition, the activism in recent years has risen exponentially. There are innumerable convincing YouTube videos and websites that currently are produced at a much higher caliber and degree of professionalism.

The internet has become a logistical nightmare for this micromanaging and secretive religion, which has as its primary concern appearance over substance.

The WT leaders are keenly aware that the “genie is out of the bottle” forever.

Expect more spin and damage control from now on!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Bottom line for JW's - "Do not trust OR repeat anything negative you hear about the org in the media - because it's all rumour."

"So, whom do you trust? You fully trust in.......the Faithful Slave. To a reasonable degree you also trust all of your fellow Brothers and Sisters." Mind-control; trust no one but us!

I feel a song coming on - "Listen, obey, & be suppressed......................."

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Sometimes reference is made to certain quotes and readers then think 'how can a quote be a rumor?' A quote can be taken out of context. Critical reports often only give part of a matter and leave out other aspects. Often such rumors play on the emotions.

WTF? The GB actually said this?

When they themselves are the biggest bloody culprits!!!!

• Half banana
    Half banana

There is so much wrong with this, complete hypocrisy and defensiveness. The governing body are more than rattled, they are waking up to the new reality of an organisation under constant attack from the press and from those who have left their religion as well as declining income and a loss of faith among JWs.

We are witnessing the turmoil coming to the bridge of an ocean going liner when it has hit an iceberg. I think the iceberg has reality stamped on it.

Soon, just before Armageddon, the remaining members of the Slave will be taken to heaven.

This is paranoid talk

The major message here from the gb is that the true believers should not believe rumours even if printed. By the same token nothing the Watchtower or JW org preach is ever more than untestable rumour: Jehovah, Armageddon, Jesus Christ, Adam and Eve, the Slave, heaven and going to heaven--all unsubstantiated rumours and not facts.

JWs will soon be clinging to the wreckage

• dozy
    dozy
    Often such rumors play on the emotions.

Quite rich coming from the Society that constantly plays on the emotions in their videos with heart rending videos with teasing music and demonstrations designed to wring out as much emotion as possible. My very elderly parents say they watch the Society broadcasts with a box of kleenex beside them every time.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"A quote can be taken out of context. Critical reports often only give part of a matter and leave out other aspects. Often such rumors play on the emotions."

Take it from the experts on the subject.

EDIT: I should have read all comments first. Pretty much everyone noticed the same thing.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Ok- where do I begin... First I watched this train wreck from the broadcast and yes this was the transcript. 2nd, I agree with all the comments so far so I won't repeat them in my words. But one thing I want to point out is how dumb they are because they are inviting the oblivious friends to watch this broadcast and be very very curious as to what they are referring to about these rumors and perhaps fall down the rabbit hole with their help. I know the GB either reads these comments on here themselves or has assigned bethelite moles to monitor these comments so that's what I want to say about that. I also watched the ARC in its entirety and no one is taking anything out of context. Consequences of your actions are now biting you, awe pity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit