when you went to an "assembly" did you wear a badge?

by greenhornet 43 Replies latest jw friends

• greenhornet
    greenhornet
    I never did. It embarrassed me. When I was young my folks made me wear one and I opened it up and took the paper out making it look like it fell out. After my folks ask what happen I said I dont know. After that I just took the plastic holder off. I did that for years and my folks fell for it every time.
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

Yes, travel to a distant city and put a sign on oneself announcing that you are from out of town. Wouldn't want the muggers and pickpockets to have to wonder around confused. That wouldn't be very Christian. :)

Bobcat

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Gave up wearing badges years ago and never get any for the family.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Only when I was a small child.
  • Listener
    Listener

Dad would make us wear one all the time. We hated them, mostly because they were so dangerous, children should not have been wearing them. The plastic edges were very sharp and most of the covers were so brittle that they would hardly last one assembly. They were forever being replaced. This was in Australia in the 60s and 70s.

Did they charge for the cards and the covers?

• Divergent
    Divergent
    I wore mine during the convention program, but never after. Like Greenhornet, I was embarrased to do so. Didn't want to look like a self-righteous dickhead
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    i can't believe the GB wants people to wear them (and suits) when traveling TO the convention city.
  • tiki
    tiki
    Yeah...I remember them....I ditched them when I got adult...they were clothes wreckers...plus stupid. Who went around looking at them to see what someone name was.
  • tiki
    tiki
    And I always thought it was pretty stupid to ask people to sit all day in a sweltering filthy stadium all digged out in good clothes, suits, ties...etc.
  • Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    I stopped wearing them after the pin wrecked one of my outfits. And I always took it off when we went out coz that was just too embarrassing...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit