when you went to an "assembly" did you wear a badge?

by greenhornet 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I was very obedient to what the Organization told me. Although sometimes after the convention was over I looked for ways not to wear it out to dinner.
  • blondie
    blondie

I never wore mine outside the convention, restaurants, hotels, swimsuits.

But I know that security jws were told to be suspicious of people without them...including all interested people making them feel welcome, not.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Wear the little badge still. However, not after the program when dining or out and about. Don't wear JW attire afterwards either, just very casual clothing. Many do likewise which tells me a great deal do not and will not follow the strict teachings of the WTBTS in many instances.

DY

• maksutov
    maksutov
    I would sometimes put the badge on my jacket, then 'accidentally' leave my jacket in the car.
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet
    Just to add, we would go home every day because we lived near by. My mom would go to the grocery store with her badge on. I was about 10 at the time and it would embarrass me.
  • cofty
    cofty
    In the stadium only. Never wore it if I was walking outside the venue of in town at night.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Hell no. I was very disobedient on the whole badge thing.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000
    It was indeed embarrassing. Although if i can play the devil's advocate, most other corporate conventions expect you to wear one. This is just another idea the Org took from corporate America. For my job, every time i attend a large meeting with hundreds of people, everybody wears one. BUT, you are not expected to wear one outside of the venue. What made it embarrassing was that the Org insisted on us wearing it the entire day.
  • millie210
    millie210

Not really. I didnt like poking holes in my clothes!

The more I look back, I wasnt a very cooperative JW in many ways.

Its probably why I lasted so long and retained a modicum of sanity.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    WHAT BADGE?????? the one that accidently flew out the car window? 😈😈

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit