I yelled at a Dub today!

by kairos 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

If you want to try and reason with them

Good for you!

If you want to just get on with your life

Good for you!

If you want to yell It to them straight!

Good for you!

To each, their own. We have all suffered enough to have the right to do what feels best!

• steve2
    steve2

“Do what feels best.” Hmmmmm.

Many’s the time I have taken great pride in not doing what “feels” the best - although it has taken a lot of self-control.

Acting on feelings often robs individuals of their dignity and self-respect And has others shaking their heads. And justifying those actions by referring to pain and suffering is simply a vain attempt to win sympathy for stupid behaviors when we are fully capable of better more dignified responses even in the face of pain and suffering.

• kairos
    kairos

I owe them nothing...

• kairos
    kairos

They had local needs talks about ME and apostasy.
    In front of all my friends and in-law family of 25 years.

Think it through.

Just the fact that I'm SEEN by them is a sin in their sick eyes!
    I wouldn't want to offend the poor persecuted dubs...
    Maybe I should just stay home so as not to offend the exJW community, either?

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Kairos, it is clear that you are suffering. I'm truly sorry for that and can empathize. It seems, though, that you are inflicting even more pain on yourself, while the locals are just having their persecution complex and self-righteousness fed.

Please do find a way to calm yourself and be well.

Hugs,

Diane

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh my God, he told someone he knew very well they're in a cult so bloody what! Sheesh, his only mistake that I can see was posting about it here.

• cha ching
    cha ching

So sorry you are feeling so hurt Kairos! Hugs to you. Hope to see you soon, you are a good person.

cha ching

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes Kairos, keep going. Recovery is an ongoing process how you feel today may not be how you feel tomorrow and running into old friends is a trigger but if you keep moving forward there will come a day when you don't have to waste anymore emotional energy over these indoctrinated zombies.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“EverApostate”: May be striking up a conversation about the various WT cover ups as well as to prove to them that I am happier now than as a JW before.

That’s a good idea to at least let JWs know why you chose to leave the organization (cult).

It’s kind of like spanking a dog that has chewed up your books. Such discipline must be done immediately after the misdeed in order for the dog to connect it with its act so as to know exactly what it did wrong.

Similarly, it’s advantageous to divulge to JWs you happen to meet exactly why you left the cult so that they will know that there is, in fact, a very valid and logical reason.

• kairos
    kairos

I've been thinking about this.
    I KNOW this small town. It's got gossip down to a science.

I can with almost 100% certainty be sure that one of those maniacs texted somebody before I could even get home. "Guess who I saw?!?"

This will be fun. I'll go out looking for them in the wild.
    I know all their hangouts.

"BOO!!"

< hilarity ensues >

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit