Have we become what we despise so much?

by Tenacious 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

TENACIOUS- I think you are generalizing quite a bit in your opening thread. Of course there will be some here who tend to be more controversial than others, or arrogant- that's the real world. But for the most part many people here ARE welcoming, they ARE reasonable and supportive to others. I don't see that shattering many people here. It's helpful to be supportive.

Perhaps the threads you are looking into have a combative nature to the thread- but it's like I tell anybody I've spoken with here- if a person doesn't like a particular thread , and finds it offensive - change the channel like on television and check out threads more to your interests and liking . Just takes a click of the mouse.

I'm sorry the world isn't perfect for you my friend- but that's reality. Lots of different viewpoints , lots of different interests- we aren't all made from the same cookie cutter

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Simon wrote:

I think your real complaint is that you are a "believer" and don't like the fact that people are allowed to criticize religious beliefs. You don't have anything specific to complain about so instead you make insinuations of impropriety and unfairness to besmirch the site, it's members and those who run it.

My profile and posts since I joined this site is open to scrutiny by anyone and everyone.

Yes, I still believe in the Christian God of the Bible yet I've never pushed this belief on anyone, anywhere, at anytime nor have do I misconstrue any statements to further support my position. At times when I have disagreed with another member I'm always cautious to adhere to forum policies and common courtesy.

I appreciate you starting this site Simon. I know your site revenue is probably barely enough to cover hosting fees. Which is why I'm sincere when I say thank you. Your site provides an important forum for those of us that are still members, former members, and soon to be former members.

No, you are right, I don't have a specific complaint at this point in time but to say I wish to besmirch you or anyone associated with this site is far-fetched. I have, at times, pointed out to you specific comments on certain members that lack common forum courtesy as per your "welcome message" wording. Sometimes you act, sometimes you refuse to get involved citing an open forum. However, remember, I didn't write your "welcome message", you did, and that's the point I wish to impress and continue discussing here.

Seriously, how hard can it be for members to remain respectful and demonstrate common courtesy. This isn't a KH nor the U.S. Senate floor, but I do know it's not a back alley either.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Tenacious: I recommend you spend some time watching the "how" pertaining to conduct protocol on real debates on YouTube. Particularly Christopher Hitchens debates in which I think you'll not only discover the spirit of debate but also the reward of honest discussion.
  • cofty
    cofty
    I have, at times, pointed out to you specific comments on certain members that lack common forum courtesy..

Bloody hell it's like being back at school. Grow up.

The flag button is down there :arrow_down:

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

cofty wrote:

Bloody hell it's like being back at school. Grow up

That's it!

I'm telling on you!!

• cofty
    cofty
    Won't be the first time will it?
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

You know cofty, your good fella. You're passionate about what you believe in and I respect that although I would go about it a bit differently..

As a matter of fact, I'm going to go back and read your position on evolution.

The way I see things is, if the Bible is true, it will stand up to close scrutiny. The same with evolution.

Good day mate.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"the Bible stands up to close scrutiny" LOL

what like the global flood?

the feeding of the 5000?

a man walking on water?

a resurrection of Lazarus?

Jonah being swallowed by a giant fish?

the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah?

the original sin?

the creative days?

ah yes all stand up perfectly to any sort of scrutiny

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Your welcome to come and express your thoughts and criticize the thoughts of others and have your own thoughts criticized by others.

You like that? Participate... You dont like that? Dont

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I often see quite a lot of condescending patriarchy from some of the guys on this site - but I understand where this is coming from - humiliation I think - so in order to feel better they have to put down those whom they consider weaker

i think this has to be said

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit