What Is God Doing?

by Satanus 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

What can you point to right now, that god is doing?

If he is maintaining the universe, can this be scientifically shown?

If he gives life to the newly firtilised egg cell, can that be scientifically shown?

If he tells the birds when it is time to fly south or north, can that be scientifically shown?

Is he guiding american politics (a hot subject), as bush claims?

Is he guiding the direction of the civilization on this planet?

Does he make the plants grow?

Does he make it rain? If yes, provide proof.

SS

• JH
    JH

Reading the bible, we can see that God did alot in the past when he created everything. He even had to rest...

But since then, I think he is just waiting for us to make a move. As if he set a trap and he is waiting for his prey to fall into it. just waiting...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    What can you point to right now, that god is doing?

Nothing.

If he is maintaining the universe, can this be scientifically shown?

If he gives life to the newly firtilised egg cell, can that be scientifically shown?

If he tells the birds when it is time to fly south or north, can that be scientifically shown?

Nothing about God can be scientifically proven.

Is he guiding american politics (a hot subject), as bush claims?

I have heard that Mormons believe God inspired the US Constitution.

Is he guiding the direction of the civilization on this planet?

If so he's doing a lousy job.

Does he make the plants grow?

Does he make it rain? If yes, provide proof.

Proof: The Bible says so. Proof that the Bible is God's word: It says it is. Case closed.
  • ThiChi
    ThiChi

God, right now, is probably playing No Limit Texas Hold?um at the Mirage in Las Vegas, Or Ski Ball on the boardwalk somewhere back East......

PS: Nothing about God can be scientifically disproven. Good debate on the issue:

http://www.leaderu.com/offices/billcraig/docs/washdeba-craig2.html

I. There are no good reasons to think
    that atheism is true.

So let's look at my first major contention together, that there are no good reasons to think that atheism is true. Atheism, or the claim that there is no God, is just as much a claim to know something as is theism, the claim that God does exist. Therefore, if the atheist is to prove his view, he must do more than say, "There's no good evidence for God's existence." He must present positive evidence against God's existence. Atheist philosophers have tried for centuries to disprove the existence of God, but no one has been able to come up with a convincing argument. So rather than attack straw men at this point, I'll just wait to hear Dr. Washington's answer to the following question: "What is the evidence that atheism is true?"

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Such questions seem valid on the surface, Saint. Especially if what you mean by "God" is some deity, entity, object or thing which is separate from everything, and is thus acting upon or manipulating things other than Itself. Then, we should expect some kind of "proof" because this is the way of knowledge and science in the phenomenal world of space and time, and seemingly separate people, places and things. But what if? What if what the word "God" points to is not an object of phenomena? But rather the Entirety of everything and no-thing? Would not then "proof", some tangible and measurable cause and effect between separate structures or entities be nonexistent? What if all there ultimately IS, is the Source that some have come to refer to as "God"? Then, as the tongue can not taste itself, or the eyes not see itself, God could not know itself...only BE Itself: "I AM".

j

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I believe the intricacies of our "environment" are too precise to have happened by some big blob exploding. Speaking for myself, I believe they show a creator exists. Who that creator is and what his purpose is, I can't prove. I have a gut feeling about it. I feel connected to something much wiser than myself, but I can't prove anything with a feeling. That's my subjective experience. That's what I currently believe. I would be an atheist if there was more proof.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

According to the Bible he has already collected the debt owed him from Jesus,but has failed to do anything else promised after he has received that debt.God is doing nothing according to the Bible.Other than this,I can't answer any of your questions.

Blueblades

• Satanus
    Satanus

If we cannot prove that god is doing anything at the moment, how can we possibly say w certainty that he did this or that 2000 yrs ago, 6000 yrs ago or millions of yrs ago? Likewise, proving that he exists or not is impossible. For those reasons, i narrowed it down to processes going on in the present time.

My own feeling is similar to mega's and jt, though that doesn't prove anything to others. It's a feeling. If no actions going on at this time can be seriously ascribed to the standard god concept, then it doesn't necesarily prove that there isn't a god. But, it may be that 'god' is entirely different than is commonly defined in the west.

SS

• integ
    integ

He's counting your negative posts about Him, so that He can torch you at Armageddon.

• integ
    integ

I'm kidding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit