Anointed Class? What Anointed Class?

by never_a_jw 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

Dear Little Toe,

A&F:I'd love for you to start considering how you might apply the scriptures (you throw around) to yourself, before you cite them.

Here is a Scripture for your benefit:

2 Timothy 3:16,17:" All Scripture is inspired from God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,17:"that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work"NWT

You consider yourself a Christian, but you refuse to accept the whole Bible as being accurate.

LUKE 8:11" Now the illustration, means this: The seed is the word of God."NWT

Christian Love,

AAF

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Hey, JCanon - I didn't know Russell was a Jew, although he obviously wasn't very devout one....nice to know though

Hi Never, welcome to the board. Russell wasn't a Jew; like Earnest said "His parents were Presbyterians of Scottish-Irish descent".

JCanon is quite mad and believes himself to be the Messiah so I wouldn't put too much stock in anything he says.

For what it's worth, AGuest believes herself to be in direct communication with the Messiah (not JCanon, the other one) so it's worth taking anything she says under advisement too.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    AAF : I do because I accept the whole Bible - everything contained in the Bible I consider Holy Scripture. And I don't question the Bible like you do.

ok but at least check it and question it in an acurate way ... cause you're in trouble with the contradiction of the scriptures (PSYCHO ISSUES in the WAY for sure) what AGUEST said TRULY answer your question (Jesus pointed it out himself) ... if you do not PAY ATTENTION TO ANSWERS LIKE THIS, you ain't going nowhere with your questionnings ...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A&F:
    You haven't a clue what I believe in.
    Since when did God grant you the gift of reading minds and hearts?
    Stop trying to judge me, and judge yourself - you may find it a more worthwhile exercise...

Btw, nice quotation of an illustration - did you actually get the point of it, or did you just look it up in a computer word-search?

• AGuest
    AGuest

again... the greatest of peace to you!

You ask:

If the Bible is not Scripture, what is Scripture?

"Scripture"... is what my Lord taught his disciples from: Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms. It is what Paul and others referred to and quoted FROM. Why is this? Because "scripture" is what men were TOLD to write... and thus, wrote... as they were borne along... by HOLY SPIRIT. It is ONLY Moses, the Prophets (which includes Enoch, Jashur, and others... which books are not in the Bible), the Psalms and the Revelation that is of these. The other books... the chronologies, histories, records and letters... were not "inspired"... meaning, they were not written while the writers were "in spirit." I would ask that you READ the Bible to determine this truth... if you are not inclined to go the One about whom it is written himself and ask.

I disagree with you.

That's entirely your perogative.

The Bible contains the sacred writings of Jehovah God's Inspired Word.

I absolutely agree... and I stated that: the Bible CONTAINS scripture... AS WELL AS... histories, chronologies, records and letters. Thus, THE BIBLE is not SCRIPTURE; it simply CONTAINS scripture... and even then, not ALL scripture.

I stated to you that "You do not know what scripture truly is", and you replied:

I do because I accept the whole Bible - everything contained in the Bible I consider Holy Scripture.

And I say to you that simply because you accept the whole Bible and consider everything contained it in to be Holy Scripture... does not make it so.

And I don't question the Bible like you do.

I believe you err, here: I do not "question" the Bible. I have no need to. I do know, however, that my Lord's words to me were true, that everything he tells me is indeed written, most often in the Bible/scriptures... but not everything that is written is what he will tell me.

You claim to put your faith in the Bible. If that is true, then tell me, please... why it is that YOU do not hear what it says? It SAYS... that the stylus of the secretaries was/is FALSE. It SAYS that CHRIST is God's Word. It SAYS that if anyone removes or adds to it, so, too plagues/their portion would be removed/added to. If there is a warning to those who would DO such a thing... how can you not know that there would be those who WOULD? Why warn against something that CANNOT happen? My Lord CONDEMNED the scribes - please, I exhort you... find out who and what the scribes were, what their task was... and WHY they were CONDEMNED!

Did you read the Scriptures that I quoted you on my previous post here on this thread, AGuest?

Absolutely! Did you not see where I even clarified the application of one for you?

Please don't ignore the Holy Writtings in the entire Bible!

I do NOT ignore the holy writings, nor do I ignore the Bible itself. I just do not look to it for my salvation, or as the Word of God. For it is not the One nor can it grant me the other. My Lord's words at John 5:39, 40... which I implore you to because if you did, you would know that is TELLS us this! He SAID:

"You are searching the scriptures... because you THINK... that by means of THEM... you will have life. And THESE (the scriptures)... are the very ones that bear witness... ABOUT ME! And yet... you do not want to COME... to ME... that you may have life."

You disregard this very verse out of the very "holy writings" that you claim to put your faith in. If you will not listen to ME... tell me... why do you not listen to IT?

If you do, you are not a True Christian. To be a True Christian you have to accept the whole Bible as being the Sacred Inspired Word of God.

You are entirely in error. Entirely. Accepting the whole Bible as being the "Sacred Inspired Word of God" has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a christian... on SEVERAL fronts, the MAIN one being that being a christian means being a "chosen" one, such choosing being manifested by an anointing with and the subsequent receipt of holy spirit. God chose... and still chooses... ALL of His servants in this manner. In that light, there are MANY who were chosen, anointed by God... who did not have the Bible. Cyrus wasn't even an Israelite... and he was anointed and received God's spirit.

Most unlovingly, however, is that your erroneous assumption that "accepting the whole Bible as being the 'Sacred Inspired Word of God'" also presumes that one must READ. However, one need only have to be able to read so as to follow the Law Covenant, for such Law was commanded to be written... and read.

To follow the NEW Covenant, however, one only needs to prepare one's HEART... so as to have the Law... of LOVE...written THERE. Your presumption, however, means that those who cannot read... so as to be ABLE to accept the Bible in the manner you state... cannot be called. Nothing could be further from the truth! God shows mercy to whomever He wishes to show it, through Christ... and He does not require them to read... or even possess a Bible. Get real!

Obviously, you don't want to accept the Holy Bible as being the Inspired Word Of God.

Obviously, you wish me to accept a lie. But I cannot. For it is not.

I don't believe in anything you say:

That is your choice. Still, I must speak the truth, whether you hear... or refrain.

even as holy as you may sound.

How can I "sound" holy... except by means of holy spirit?

Satan works as an angel of light,too.

Indeed, he does. And misleading folks into thinking that the Bible is the Word of God... when the Bible itself TELLS us who that Word is... is one of his tricks. And apparently, you... like many, many others... have fallen for it.

2 PETER 1:20:" For YOU know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation."NWT

And this verse is absolutely correct: interpretation... belongs to God. So that it is He who GIVES such understanding to HIS servants... by means of Christ. The Bible... says so.

2 PETER 1:21:" For prophecy was at no time brought by man's will but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit."NWT

Yep. Which is WHY Luke gave proper acknowledgement to whom he was writing for... by WHOSE direction... Theophilus versus God. And WHOM he got his information from: people... rather than God. The Bible... says so.

A true Witness of Jehovah God accepts the Bible in its entirety!

A true witness of God, the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies... bears witness... to CHRIST... and the truth that HE taught... and thereby bears witness... to the truth of God. NOWHERE is such one told to accept the Bible in its entirety.

You don't.

Sigh! Nope. I don't.

Christian Love,

I fear your "christian love" is false, dear AAF, and just a compulsory statement that you have learned to say in order to show your "godly devotion." May JAH grant that I be wrong... and you not prove false... to its power.

Again, I wish you the greatest of love and peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

LUKE 8:11...

"Now the illustration, means this: The seed is the word of God."NWT

The verse is correct. But what does THE BIBLE say about the seed and the word? The fact that neither word is capitalized is what is misleading you. But let me see if I can help you out:

The Seed = Christ

"Now, the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. It says not: 'And to his seeds,' as in the case of many such, as in the case of ONE: 'And to your seed,' WHO IS CHRIST." Galatians 3:16

"Why, then, the Law? It was ADDED to make transgressions manifest, UNTIL THE SEED SHOULD ARRIVE... to whom the promise had been made..." Galatians 3:19

The Word = Christ

"So the Word... became flesh... and resided among us, and we had a view of HIS glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten SON from a father; and HE was full of undeserved kindness and truth." John 1:14

"... and HE is arrayed with an outer garment sprinkled with blood, and the name HE is called is The Word of God." Revelation 19:13

God... dear AAF... is a planter of seed, a CULTIVATOR. And He planted His "seed"... my Lord, the Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... in the earth... as the TREE... of Life... the TRUE VINE... the ROOT... of Jesse... SPROUT!

John 15:1-7; Revelation 22:1, 2; Zechariah 3:8; 6:12

May YOU hear, then, dear AAF... and get the SENSE of it:

My Lord FULFILLED the Law... which was written on stone tablets and which Israel was told to read and copy... so that it was IMPALED... WITH him. By means of such impaling, it could then be put out of the way to make room for a NEW Law... a NEW Covenant... which is written... on HEARTS.

Jeremiah 31:33

If you so need to, then, continue with your searching of and referring to the "written code" that condemns. As for me, I wish to receive LIFE... not condemnation... for me and my household. Thus, I listen to, refer to, hear... and FOLLOW... the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:6

Again, I wish you the greatest of peace, and I remain,

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dagnabbit, Shel, I wanted to see her interpretation of that illustration, first!

Good posts, though.

• gumby
    gumby
    2 Timothy 3:16,17:" All Scripture is inspired from God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,17:"that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work"NWT

Again....all what scripture? The Old testement? The New Testement wasn't written yet. Timothys words could not have included also the NT, as the bible canon wouldn't be completed until the 3rd or 4th century as we know it today in the western world.

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

Chalk it up to my... ummmm... "zeal"?

Peace to you, my brother!

Your servant and fellow slave of Christ,

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

you tell 'em, Gumball!

Peace!

Your servant and slave of Christ,