Are The Holidays Bothering You At All?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

(((((((((LuckyNun)))))))))

I am so sorry that you feel this way........

It will get better....How long have you been put? Or are you doing the fading thing??

I can tell you from experience, that the first Christmas is and was the hardest for me.Having said that though, it was also my start of my new traditions....Try starting something special for you and your boys....Maybe x-mas eve,try making a gingerbread house all together..

Stick around here for a while, maybe after you get comfortable here, you can start attending gatherings with people from your area...They are a excellent way to make new friends and most have a understanding of what you/we are going through...

Feel free to pm me if you wish to chat....I will gladly give you my e-mail addy as well....

Take-care and Merry Christmas to you and your boys!Christmas Tree

Morty

• morty
    morty

I forgot to say what I thought about the holidays in my last post.......( sorry about that)

No, they dont bother me in the least.....

It is just the short of $$$$$$$$$$ that bothers me, thats all..But this year I lucked out with all my gift certificates that I won, so that really helped me out this year....

Morty

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

I've been out since I was 17. and I really do try to make the holidays nice for my boys, but it's really hard to be all gung-ho about it when it's just us three. there's a girl I work with who was DFed ten years ago, when she was eighteen, and I might go over to her house for Christmas. after I made that post today, I went back to work and talked with her about this very subject. she talked with her husband and we'll finalize details tomorrow. we can be pagans together! and I won't be as lonely this year.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

((((luckynun))))

I feel for you, I have been out since I was 18 and found Xmas to be the loneliest time of year, I didn't have anyone at all to spend it with and got the holiday blues big time. It really underlines the loss of your whole social structure and that family feeling you get as part of the congregation, even if you know it's all shallow.

If I were you I'd concentrate on enjoying the time you have with your boys and show them that you don't need a stupid religion to be good people, spending the day with other ex dubs is a good plan too cos it's nice to be around people who understand.

In time your guy's parents will come around, although I know it feels like to be banging your head against a brick wall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit