Memorial.. To go or not to go

by Emily1987 46 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If you go you identify yourself to the community as still being in subjection to watchtower authority. That will make it harder if the elders ever start a judicial committee against you. A fade is more effective if you are not associating at all.

Whatever you do, you will be a disappointment to your mother for as long as she is a JW. You cannot blame yourself for a situation she put you in, it was not a life you chose to be bought up in.

• never a jw
    never a jw

From a cold and calculating machine who can put emotions aside,

Do Not Go!!!

Love your mother very much, but do not cave in to her request. She made her choices, now it is your time to make yours.

• JRK
    JRK

In my city, there are a number of venues for the memorial, including non-Kingdom Halls. Could you fib and say you went to another "celebration?"

JK

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Just the chorus man, just the chorus!

pretty baby

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Going to the crapmorial would be the first step. Give them a millimeter, they will take a kilometer. Once you attend the crapmorial, next it will be the Grand Boasting Session during the summer. Then, the big boasting sessions. Then it will be the "special" meetings. Before long, it will be all the regular boasting sessions. Then field circus--along with a re-study. Fail to give in during the re-study, face judicial actions. This means no more worshiping the sun--or anything else other than the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

Beyond that, you will be expected to donate ever more time and money to the religion. Do you wish to have this emotional hardship card played because you were "only" able to donate the equivalent of two ounces of silver instead of the usual five? Or when you are only able to stay out in field circus until 5 PM instead of 8 PM? It will come to that--and the wastefest is the first step leading there.

• zeb
    zeb

I was invited via my wife by a bro who I hadn't seen in years and no I am not attending. It is certain the air in the kh has not been changed in years either. eeewk!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I went once with my mother, about 20 years after I'd been disfellowshipped. It was a huge mistake. Rumours flew around that I was "making my way back", so I received calls from the elders and offers of a special study just for DF'd persons - weird or what?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think its a very important meeting to miss for a variety of reasons, its very much a milestone and loved ones who are jw's and friends etc think that even if you make the memorial once a year there is hope for you, why give them that feeling, miss it because its highly likley youre never show up again in a KH for the rest of your lives, the same is true for me.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I no longer believe the BORG has the only truth. I have a friend that believes Big Foot is real. That is more believable than the WT being the only truth. A couple stopped by yesterday with an invite. No....I will not be attending. Never again. Life is great on the outside!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

As someone else has already said, turning up to the memorial is taken by the elders (and the rest of the congregation) that you "know it's the truth". Those who no longer go to meetings but turn up to the memorial are called "lukewarm" Witnesses by people in my area. Slandered behind their backs.

I understand you might wish to go to please your mother, if i ever went to another memorial (which i wouldn't) i'd partake. And i'd make it known before hand that im going to. Then maybe mother wouldn't ask me next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit