What Music Do You LOVE To Listen To? What Do You HATE?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I LOVE R&B, soul, neo-soul, and "classic" disco. Certain groups and performers I've seen and enjoyed were Earth, Wind & Fire, Marvin Gaye, Anita Baker, the Temptations,Luther Vandross, Janet Jackson, and literally hundreds more. I don't care for country/western, punk rock or heavy metal..........What do you like/don't like?

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

country-western, rock through the mid 80's, some disco, latin beat, some big band

rap, hip hop, punk, grunge rock, opera, polka

edited to add: Kingdom songs

growedup

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I love almost all kinds of music. I have a very eclectic collection from hip hop to blues, country to womyn's music, pop to heavy metal. Depends on my mood. I even like the big band music from waaaay back on occasion. I just can't imagine a world without music.

Gretchen

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Love Retro-R&R (fav), R&R, R&B, Soft Rock, Soul, Blues, Reggae, Big Band, Disco, Classical, Opera, Classical Guitar, Ethnic (with few exceptions).

Hate C&W, Rap/Hip-Hop, Jazz, Blue Grass, Punk Rock, Heavy Metal, House-Rattling Boom-boxer type....and Kingdom Melodies.

Frannie B

• ns7
    ns7

I love film music and in particular the music of John Barry.

He is a British film composer who was proberly more known in the 60's 70's and 80's.

He is famous for the James Bond music and while that is excellent, his other work is even better.

Music from films such as Born Free, Somewhere in Time, Dances with Wolves, Midnight Cowboy, Out of Africa, Walkabout, Chaplin, Last Valley, The Lion in Winter, Body Heat are just some of his classic music soundtracks.

My great sorrow is that in the last few years his writing has become less. He has produced 2 great albums that are deserving in their own right The beyondness of Things, and Eternal Echoes.

His music help me cope and for me inspirational.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Punk Rock, just about anything Rock. However, I take the occational dive into Pop, Old Country & Western, Rap, Classical, Jazz, and Blues. I hate Opera and New Country.

• minimus
    minimus

I've also recently gotten into "lounge" music---as in New York lounge which plays in the background of some very hip bars, One excellent CD is "hotel costes".....Very, very cool.

• tink
    tink

i have pretty varied taste. i usually listen to sort of indie/punk/emo type stuff. i'm also all about the eighties new wave pop as well as old school stuff like pink floyd, the doors, etc. and i love swing. and my favorite song ever is 'the rainbow connection' by kermit the frog. :P i guess i like basically everything except r&b, country, "easy listening" and disco.

• smurfy
    smurfy

I love just about any kind of music imaginable. There are different occasions that call for different music but it all has its time and place. I think that music is truely an amazing art form.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Minimus you have gots good taste.

I like R&B and am a bit closed minded to anything else.

Dont like grunge or thrash metal and I dont give a flying for country & Western.

Mini what was the last song you downloade? I'll give you a list of some good modern r&b to download if you want? Or dont ya download?

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit