What Music Do You LOVE To Listen To? What Do You HATE?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Winston---THANKS for the tips! One thing I wanna know---Why are the cd's sooo expensive. 25 -30?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    Winston---THANKS for the tips! One thing I wanna know---Why are the cd's sooo expensive. 25 -30? Min

They are usually shipped in from Europe. And many are two disc collections I bought Hed Kandi Chill Out #3. Disc one i don't like, #2 I love! You got a PM

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Roots Rock Reggae

• copsec
    copsec

I love anything by Aerosmith. Am really into Train right now. Like disco, country, classic rock. HATE rap!

• tink
    tink

people are always surprised to find this out about me, i guess i dont look the type, but hair bands and death metal rock my socks off!!! i dont know why but i get the biggest kick out of both genres

ps paul you have a return PM pal :)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I LOVE Rob Zombie. To me, he is the epitome of a rock star - loud, simple, demonic, theatrical. Plus, in off stage interviews, he is a really classy, funny, intense guy. I like his music because he manages to walk the fine line between good hype and believing his hype.

But for me, music is part of an entire experience - I don't like just music. I guess that makes me a Philistine, but I find much music annoying and distracting.

I often turn the radio completely off in order to avoid listening to today's whiny, crybaby, angst-ridden anti-melodies. I hate hate hate hate Staind, hate hate hate Trapt, am shocked and appalled at the recent acts of musical self-loathing perpetrated by Limp Bizkit, Korn, Kid Rock, POD and Saliva. Plus, we only have one alternative radio station in Pgh, and it sucks because it is Clear Channel. Deregulation was the most mind numbing thing I've ever heard of. Bad bad idea.

Anyway, when I was growing up, sure Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and whatnot, whined, but they had melody and lyrics and a new sound. Now, it's the same old thing, over and over again. Feedback, sloppy guitar work, off-key vocals, and an oh-so-visible sucide attempt. Another bald guy singing about how his father hated him. I mean, yes, that sucks, but get the freak over it!

I love Alice in Chains - good melodies, cool lyrics, and visions of wierd ass things that I'd never thought of before.

I hate hate hate Rage against the Machine - hm, let's pimp a commie revolution, yes, THAT will solve everything... idiots. I'm so glad they broke up.

I actually enjoyed, surprising for a Zombie fan, No Doubt's recent album, I thought some of the lyrics were quite clever. I like country for the same reason - clever word games that often make me laugh. Plus, I'm a sucker for any song where the wife died. Makes me weep and go home and hug my wife, and not just because I'm sloshed on cheap whiskey, although I often am.

Anyway, time to go do just that.

CZAR

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I like most anything... pop, hard rock, 80's... but I can't stand J Lo's music.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I would rather eat shit than listen to J.ho music

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    I would rather eat shit than listen to J.ho music

You could of course do both at the same time just to prove that there are worse things than death.

HS

• Mulan
    Mulan

I like most kinds of music, so it's easier to list what I don't like.

I really dislike Rap (it isn't music) and most Jazz (but I love Norah Jones). Also heavy metal is too hard on my aging nervous system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit