Please vaccinate your children

by Viviane 68 Replies latest social family

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I am old enough to remember the polio epidemics of the 1950s:

- each one resulting in a number of deaths, and leaving many, many more children and young persons cruelly crippled.

I particularly remember the last such epidemic, which occured during the summer of 1961. That one was stopped dead in its tracks by means of a mass-immunisation program, using the newly developed Sabin vaccine. Furthermore , in this country, the last death from polio just happened to have occurred in that very same year,1961. Co-incidence? I don't think so!

That isn't all, either - the list could go on and on. For example:

(i) Typhoid. In the South African War (1899 - 1902) this disease killed more soldiers than died in the fighting. By the time WWI broke out, a vaccine had been developed, and was in widespread use by the British army. During that war, typhoid deaths were negligible, despite the very same insanitary conditions prevailing on the battlefields.

(ii) Tetanus. During WWII, all service personnel in the armies of Britain and its Commonwealth were immunised for tetanus, whereas those of Germany were not. That fact was reflected in the contrasting death rates due to tetanus between the two armies.

(iii) Smallpox. This disease had been completely eradicated by the late 1970s - thanks entirely to the smallpox vaccine.

How could a person possibly knock the benefits of vaccination? It is beyond me!

Bill.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    It's always nice to see one of my threads get resurrected.
  • violias
    violias

The Huffington Post has an interesting article on this subject.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/lawrence-solomon/california-vaccine_b_5953264.html

I recall in the late 50's when I started school my mom debated a lot about vaccines. I am very grateful my Dad told her to forget the crazy jws stuff and get shots.

• DJS
    DJS

Bumping.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/americas-region-worlds-first-free-measles-150143637.html

Sep. 28, 2016: WHO declares Americas world's first measles-free region.

Miami (AFP) - Measles has been eradicated from the Americas after decades of vaccination efforts, the world's first region to rid itself of the highly contagious disease, global health authorities said Tuesday.

Measles remains a top killer of children worldwide, and took nearly 115,000 lives in 2014 -- or about 13 deaths every hour -- according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

Before vaccination became widespread around the globe, measles killed about 2.6 million people per year.

"Endemic transmission of measles has been eliminated from the region," said WHO director Margaret Chan.

"The Americas region has shown that with strong national immunization programs... dedicated financing and strong political commitment and partner support, measles can be stopped," she added, describing it as "an outstanding achievement."

Measles is now the fifth vaccine-preventable disease to be eliminated in the Americas, after smallpox, polio, rubella and congenital rubella syndrome, according to the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't normally condone vandalism, but:

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

When one discovers the number of infants, toddlers and teens who have died following vaccination one does have pause for thought.

Why are some vaccines so deadly and others relatively benign?

What sorts of ingredients make up the typical vaccine?

Have vaccines ever been used to spread disease, create epidemics or to propagate a new disease?

The complete Truth about vaccines, how they are produced and what they contain is not encouraging.

• cofty
    cofty

Old Navy. You are dangerously gullible.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    Old Navy. You sound like a very religious person.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What's with the bumping of all the "been there, done that, got the t-shirt, cardigan and coffeemug" threads lately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit