Please vaccinate your children

by Viviane 68 Replies latest social family

• Viviane
    Viviane
    interesting reading

Interesting in the sense of "I don't understand science, how does it work?". The article takes something working exactly as designed and misunderstands it while making a few things exaggerating others. 

It's like saying  "I drove to work today" vs. "I was flung here by a series of explosions and friction and barely missed several large objects that weigh well over a ton and were traveling at lethal speeds."

Vaccination saves lives. 

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Speaking from first hand knowledge:

Actual knowledge: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/Autism/antigens.html

You can find an anecdote to prove anything. 

• gda
    gda

maisha  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everybody here needs to see these

DANGER! DANGER!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT get VACCINES 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vaccines+exposed

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

You just knew the anti-science people would jump into this one.

If you don't want to vaccinate your kids, great; just get out of my country.

What will it take to get the anti-vaxxers to wake, a polio epidemic?

BTW, it will be your kids who get it, mine have been vaccinated.

&*&*($%^&*

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Anti vaccine agendas and rants really fall under the umbrella of speech that results in deaths.

Measles itself can kill; it kills children in the UK at the rate of 20 per year, unnecessarily.

If you don't want your child to have immunity, MOVE to a third world country, where there is no herd immunity that is found in the US, then we'll see how you feel about vaccines.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    everybody here needs to see these
    DANGER! DANGER!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT get VACCINES 

Maishas, rather than write hair-on-fire-all-caps-OMG, do you have actual evidence? Not anecdotes, not something a guy heard from a guy that knows a guy. Actual evidence.

• Simon
    Simon

maisha and gda: don't post anymore of you drivel please. This site is not going to propagate idiotic nonsense that put's babies lives at risk.

Make a personal choice if you want but then shut up. ALL CAPS is never a convincing argument and neither are those bullshit websites and paranoid youtube vids.

Since vaccination, life expectancy has risen dramatically and many childhood diseases have been eradicated. I had a teacher who had contracted polio as a child and was left disabled by it. These are horrible diseases which were largely eradicated though vaccination. We don't need morons trying to bring them back.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You just knew the anti-science people would jump into this one.

I did, but no conversation on this topic can be had without the loonies showing up.

If you don't want to vaccinate your kids, great; just get out of my country.

I would no go that far, just don't let them go to public school or to any college that gets government funding. Make it a requirement for any business (or anyone it does business with) that does business with the federal government to have immunization records for it's employees. Insurance companies should make it a requirement to get health insurance.

If an outbreak does happen, require that they get the vaccine to go to the doctor. Basically, adopt a "you are free not to get it, you're just going to be extremely limited in the way you can spread disease".

BTW, it will be your kids who get it, mine have been vaccinated.

Well, unless they are very young, have compromised immune systems, older adults, cancer patients, etc. Yes, my kids and yours are fine, but those other innocent victims count on herd immunity to protect them and anti-vaxxers put them as well as their own children at risk and THAT is the core of the problem. It's NOT just their kids they put at risk. Their kids are literally walking time bombs of disease spreading to innocent victims through irresponsibility.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Thank. You. Simon.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

One of the reasons to double or triple vaccines into a single dose, like MMR or DPT, is to reduce the number of doctor's visits necessary for full immunization.

This reduces the burden of copays, transportation, and time off work that single vaccines would require and improves full vaccination rates.

Also, the first measles vaccine dose is not given until 12 months of age. So, unvaccinated children with measles puts EVERY child under a year of age at risk even if the child is fully up to date on their vaccinations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit