The coldness of Watchtowerism thread

by Brummie 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

When our family first moved down from upstate New York to CT, the closest KH was a half hour drive away over back roads. The only person who ever showed a bit of love and compassion was another sister who was married to an unbeliever. She was a true individual, very colorful and flaky.........but we loved her for it! My dad beat my mom when he was drunk, which was often, and my sister and I were young teenagers. Did any of those well off families ever do a thing to help? No. Again, the sister was the one who put us up on a mattress on her living room floor. She was the one who took mom to the hospital to document the abuse. The elders just told mom not to leave him, and counseled us to get to meetings more. How could we when at that point mom didn't even drive? We were so poor we couldn't even afford another car, so when she finally did get her license, she had to use the same car dad used, and if he didn't want her leaving, he'd yank the wires off it. Now, looking back on it, I realize why I didn't want to get baptized even when I turned 18............I finally succumbed because I felt left out, cuz my younger sister got baptized and got all kinds of attention at first................even the unwelcome advances of a 30+ year old ministerial servant.........she was only 15 years old! When she reported him, she got counseled that she should have gone to her brother first to talk to him, can you imagine???????????????? Brummie, I know so well how icy they are and how F'd up they are! Years later, they had a whole group apostatize and leave the congregation..............I wonder why?

Hugs to you and mom, Brummie

Terri

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

There is no genuine Christian love within the WTBTS. Just people blindly following man-made rules by a publishing company that wants more money to continue acquiring property.

And there's never enough for them; a person must keep doing more, more, more!!!!!

Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((Brummie)))I still wonder about their hard insensitivity (their are talking about love so much)

• metatron
    metatron

When my utterly faithful mother died, many of her closest Witness friends - of many years - didn't go to the funeral.

In my experience, this is just how Witnesses are about deceased loved ones: if truly faithful, they'll get resurrected .. if not, who cares.

You are taught cold-heartedness for so long, it never seems wrong and appears completely reasonable.

metatron

• smurfy
    smurfy

I am so sorry to hear how they treated your mother, that is absolutely cruel!!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks you guys, and for you who have these stories to tell, thanks for telling them, its unfortunate that they are the norm amongst the Watchtower movement, I'm glad I got out of it by the time I was 28, I consider myself fortunate for only losing the earlier yrs of my life to its cruelty and its mind games. I have good friends who have spent from 45 yrs to 63 years inside and then left. Makes me shudder to count the cost.

My mom is doing ok, somehow I feel even this ammount of neglect will not convince her that its not "the truth", I talk to her about it but I always sense that she just doesnt get it, she still thinks in her heart of hearts that it is the truth even though she wont say that. Anyhow, she hasnt been to meetings for a few years though she was 2nd generation JW and I was 3rd, I cant see her going back but death always leaves people vulnerable and I think if they called now she might just be weak enough for them to snare again. Looking at it from that perspective I guess their coldness is a good thing. It keeps them at bay.

• mustang
    mustang

"So I dedicate this thread to the coldness of the Watchtower, if you have a story of their coldness do share for others to read, doesn't have to be about death. "

OK; my Significant Other is an Asian lady with a wonderful and closeknit family. They really believe in family, and that is typical of Asians.

So, what do I have to show her?

An absolute demon of a super-zealot JW father who has followed the advice of Brooklyn for about 60 years. He has generated such a dysfunctional family by constant pot-stirring and manipulation attempts that nobody can talk to the others.

I have a materially less well off brother-in-law who is successfully bidding for "promotion" from MS to eLDER, in spite of shady dealings.

Nobody in my family has ever been DF'd or DA'd, but my brother and I are irregular for decades. I did the "slow fade", but my brother still attends meetings.

While my sister-in-law is in good standing with her congregation, my father maintains that she and my brother aren't JW's, notwithstanding what the local eLDERS say!!!

My brother and I make more than enough money to take care of ourselves, so we are not failing to provide. This is important to Asians.

So what does a large number of Asians see about this western religion: a poor ability to provide for themselves and an impossible and unsatisfactory way to run a family.

GOOD WITNESS, BROOKLYN!!!!!!!

The more people see of JW's, the more they see that their abilities and advice are worthless, especially where it counts: in the family arena.

It is said that the evidence of the "true faith" would be that "you have love amongst yourselves". The general way of dealing DESTRUCTIVELY with families, enforced shunning, and the meddling of incompetent leaders proves that the JW's are spiritually bankrupt and without any semblance of divine guidance or Holy Spirit.

Some advice that Brooklyn will eventually be forced to recognize is that they would be better off to simply LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE!!!!

Mustang

• Prudence
    Prudence

(((( Brummie & his Mom )))

Love, Prudence

• sens
    sens

(((Brummie & Brummie's M)))

• Nikita
    Nikita

Brummie & Mom That's heartbreaking to read!

Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit